[Chapter Eight] An Old Friend

It's been a couple months since your battle with Kakashi Hatake and you have went on various missions along with helping Team 7 out on theirs. One mission in particular was a mission that started out as a C rank that turned into a deadly B rank. Your mission was to help a bridge builder named Tazuna get back home safely but due to fact that Tazuna's home was poor, because of a man name Gato, he couldn't afford to pay for a B rank mission so he had to lie. On your travels during the mission you encountered a rogue ninja, Zabuza Momochi, and a young ninja, Haku. You managed to defeat Zabuza when he ambushed the team or so you thought. Later Zabuza returned with Haku and challenged Kakashi. After Haku sacrifice himself to protect Zabuza, Gato appeared. Zabuza, no longer an enemy, turned to Gato and his men and destroyed a good portion of them. Inari had gathered up his town to protect the home from the remaining bandits. After saying heartfelt goodbyes to Inari and his family, you and Team 7 left and returned to the Leaf village.

___

'Man, I'm so bored!' You thought as you walked down the streets of the village with your hand in your pockets. Kakashi was with Team 7 today so you didn't have any missions to partake in. 'Well... It's better than doing chores all day.'

"BOSS!" Some kid yelled as you heard a bang!

"What the?" You turned down the alley as you see Naruto, Sakura, and three kids. Wait- Change that. An idiot, a pissed off girl, and three weird kids... Yeah, that sounds better.

"WHAT KIND OF GIRLFRIEND ARE YOU!?" Konohamaru squeaked at Sakura while the little girl with orange hair and a boy with glasses ran up to check on Naruto. "YOU'RE A WITCH! AND YOU'RE UGLY TOO!" Sakura cracked her knuckles as she stared at the boy with a glare. "Uh..." Sakura walked closer and raised her fist. "AHHHH!" Bonk!

"Well. There goes the quiet afternoon." You stated as you looked at the scene in front of you. Sakura huffed and walked away.

"I don't even think she's human!" Konohamaru said as he clutched his head. "Did you see how wide her forehead is!?" Sakura stopped and turned around really creepily. How can you even make that face!?

"No one make a move... It can't see you if you don't move..." You whispered.

.
.
.

Sakura took off running towards you guys as you yelled. "EVERYBODY RUN! STAMPEDE!"

"(Y/N)-CHAN! YOU'RE NOT HELPING THE SITUATION!" Naruto yelled.

"SORRY!" Konohamaru took off running ahead of you but ran into some guy.

"Do you need something?" The gut asked as he stared down at Konohamaru.

'Temari?!' You saw your old friend from the Sand. 'Knowing the sand ninja, they don't take kindly to people.' You thought as you catched up with Naruto and them.

The guy with purple markings on his face grabbed Konohamaru by his scarf as Naruto yelled. "Konohamaru!"

"So does this hurt punk?" The guy said as he pulled tighter on Konohamaru's scarf.

"Put him down Kankuro or you know you'll pay for it later." Temari warned. Kankuro? Wasn't that Temari's brother... Probably should have actually bothered to meet them... Whoops.

"Hey, I'm sorry. The whole things was my fault." Sakura said. 'Who are they? What are they?'

"YOU BETTER TAKE YOUR HAND OFF OF HIM RIGHT NOW!" Naruto yelled.