[Chapter Nine] Room 301 and Awkward Silence

"(Y/n)." Kakashi appeared next to you all of a sudden giving you and Shinmaru a heart attack.

"AHH! WHAT THE-!" You yelled, flailing your hands around in the air as Shinmaru barked angrily at him. "You can't just appear out of nowhere like that!"

"Whoops, sorry." Kakashi lazily said. "Anyway, about the chunin exam. You do realize that taking this exam is dangerous? You can drop out of this exam right now if you don't feel ready. You don't have to force yourself to do this. This exam is dangerous, especially for someone without an offic-"

"I know! You don't have to warn me. I've been through tougher stuff remember? Who managed to complete that B rank mission after your were out of commission?" You asked. "Me! I did. There's no way I'm gonna fail this exam. Not on my life, especially when I have Shinmaru on my side..." Shinmaru barked happily.

Kakashi let out a sigh but smiled nonetheless. "Just make sure you don't get too overconfident."

"You got it Sensei!"

"Now go get to the exam."

"On it!" You yelled and waved goodbye to Kakashi as you and Shinmaru ran towards the tower where the exam was being held while tripping on thin air on the way.

. . .

Kakashi smiled and waved back. '... She's going to die out there...' Kakashi thought as he sweatdropped.

___

'Two twenty? Looks like I'm a bit early... Or not...' You thought as you walked up to the second floor and notice it was filled with genin. You pushed your way to the front as your heard someone get hurt. 'There can't be a fight going on already right?'

By the time you got to the front of the crowd, you notice a boy with black hair on the ground while a girl, who you guess was his teammate, was trying to help him.

"You're trying to take the chunin exams but you can't even get pass us?" A ninja asked as him and another were in front of the doorway to the meeting place.

"Why don't you just give up now before you get hurt?" The other ninja taunted.

"Yeah, I think I heard your mommy calling for you."

"Please let us through! We're supposed to go in there." The girl, next to the male from earlier, pleaded.

'301? But I just came from 101?' You thought as you looked at the room number. 'This must be the work of a genjutsu.' You thought as you saw the girl walk up to the two chunin as one punched her in her face, making her fall near her teammate.

People began to whisper and talk about the chunin punching the girl as he said. "You think that's harsh? Don't kid yourself, I was being nice in comparison. The exams are going to make this look like a picnic."

"Some of you won't survive the exams, others will be wreck for life, and some of you may go crazy." The other chunin next to him said. "For chunin, it's always life or death."

"You think it's a joke? Chunin are qualified to lead missions. The lives of you squad depend on you so you better be tough enough the heat. Delicate little girls don't belong here."

"We're just thinning out the herd, you won't pass anyway, so go ahead and play with your dolls."

"Just release the genjutsu already." You sighed as you noticed the presence of Team 7. "You're not fooling anyone with that cheap trick and next time you try and do this, make sure you put genjutsu on all the floors, not just the second. It's completely obvious." You stated as genin around questioned what you said.

"Well, well." The chunin taunted.

"So you noticed the genjutsu, huh?" The other one asked.

"It wasn't that hard to spot." You replied as the sign above the door became back to it's original number, 201.

"Heh, well aren't you a smart one. So you notice an illusion... Let's see if you notice this!" The chunin yelled as he send a kick towards you as you stayed still as you noticed two chakra signatures moving towards you.

Sasuke sent a kick towards the chunin to block the hit but the genin that was first hit earlier stopped both the chunin and Sasuke's kick with his bare hands.

'He stopped their kicks... This guy has a lot of chakra in his arms, he most likely relies on taijutsu then. I need to keep an eye on this guy.' You thought as your eyes narrowed at him.

"Hey. What happened to the plan?" A boy with long brown hair and light purple eyes asked. "I thought you we're the one to say to keep a low profile? Don't let anyone see our skill level."

"I know but..." The boy looked over at you.

"Forget it, it's over." The girl said as the boy completely ignored her and towards you.

"My name is Rock Lee. You are (Y/n) from the Ōkamizoku clan, right?" The boy said as he stood in front of you.

"Uh, yeah...?" You muttered. How the hell does he know that?

"Please be my girlfriend!?" He asked with determination as he held up a thumbs up as he winked. "I vow to protect you with my life!"

. . .

W. . . T. . . F . . ?

. . .

"Definitely... Not." You cringed, the guy didn't seem bad just... Unique? Yeah, lets just go with that.

"... Why?" Lee asked, heart broken. Okay, now I feel like I just kicked a puppy.

"You can't just come up to someone and ask them out!" You replied but Lee seemed to have notice Sakura and asked her as well with no luck on her either.

"Hey you! Over there." The purple-eyed ninja said as Sasuke turned around. "What's your name?"

"It's common courtesy to give your own name before someone else's." Sasuke replied.

"Hey, you're a rookie aren't you? How old are you anyway?"

"I'm not obliged to tell."

"What's that?" The ninja said with irritation as Sasuke turned back around as Naruto and Lee were in depression.

"Hey! Come on guys, let's go!" Sakura said happily as you and Team 7 made your way to the third floor.

'Looks like this is going to be interesting...'  You thought with a smirk played on your face as Shinmaru wagged his tail happily next to you.