Chapter 2

Chapter 2- Our Father and Our Wands
Both Draco and Aphrazeil stood in front of their father, excitedly awaiting their training wands. The two have been glancing around and they found no signs of said wands. Aphrazeil was already squirming in anticipation, barely caring that it was very un-Malfoyish.

Lucius watched amusedly as both his sons squirmed and fidgeted. They were really impatient for Malfoys. Better work on that...

The two young Malfoys sighed in relief when they saw the fire turned emerald green and a small, stumpy man(?) stumbled out of the exquisitely designed fireplace.

"Mr. Malfoy," the man bowed low, "a pleasure to see you again."

Lucius nodded, he wanted this filthy old man out of his mansion as soon as possible.

"Mr. Ollivander," he addressed. "Pleasure is all mine." he lied.

But Mr. Ollivander barely heard him. He had spotted the two young boys and immediately approached them.

"Ah... yes," he said squinting at them. "These are the boys," he faced the elder Malfoy. "Correct?"

"Yes."

"We'll start with you," he pulled Aphri in front of him and took out a measuring tape and waved an age wand at it. The measuring tape wobbled and began to take measures of the oddest of places. First the length of his fingers then the width of each of his lips. He finally batted the damned thing away when it tried to measure his tongue.

Aphri vaguely heard his brother snicker. He growled and threw him a glare which only served to amuse him more.

Mr. Ollivander was ignoring everything around him. He was searching threw his bag, pulling out multiple wands.

"Here," he said giving Aphrazeil a particularly new one, "give it a wave."

Aphri did as he was told and waved. Nothing happened so Ollivander quickly snatched it away. He gave him another older one, explaining that it was made of cherry and unicorn mane. Aphrazeil gave it a wave and still nothing happened.

Mr. Ollivander sighed as he searched through his bag once again. It seems that he figured that none of the other wands he pulled out was a match.

The room was soon piled with wands; it seems that the wand maker's bag was a bottomless bag. His head was already inside said bag and the three Malfoys could hear some low muttering but it was nothing important. Ollivander came out with a wide grin on his face. It seems that he found the perfect wand.

"There," he said thrusting the wand at Aphri, "try this."

Aphri did the same thing he did to the other wands and this time the wand glowed a soft green before it went out.

"Perfect!" Mr. Ollivander applauded. "It's made of bleach wood and dragon scales. The dragon nearly killed me when I plucked it of. Now..." he turned to Draco and waved his wand over his head. The measuring tape started working on the older Malfoy and like Aphri, it annoyed him greatly.

Mr. Ollivander pulled out another wand from his bag and handed it to Draco. Following Aphri's actions he gave it a wave. Nothing happened. Ollivander quickly snatched away and handed him a new one, telling him that it was made of a dragon heartstring and cherry wood. Draco waved it in the air but again nothing happened. This went on for a few more times until Mr. Ollivander gave Draco a wand made of powdered dragon's claw and redwood. Like Aphri's it gave out a soft green glow when waved.

"Good." Ollivander nodded. "Both wand cores came from the same Norwegian Ridgeback. It just shows how close both you really are."

"Is that all Mr. Ollivander?" Mr. Malfoy asked politely. It pays to be polite to possible allies. "Because the children will have their first training session in a few minutes and they still have to get use to the feel of their new training wands."