2

" Struggle in private, stunt in public."
July 25, 2014.
-
| Monique Marshall |

My Shit by A Boogie blasted from my small, red Beats pill as I did my makeup. I only had on eyeliner, lipgloss and mascara; I don't fuck with that cake face shit. It just ain't me.

Niyah had invited me to come to this block party that her & Durk was going to. I agreed because it ain't like I got something more exciting to do, plus she said she needed me to look after Lo just in case one of them decided to get too drunk.

I grab my keys and phone and dropped it in my black Michael Kors crossbody then put the bag across my body before leaving the apartment I shared with my cousin Brittany and waited outside for Durk & Niyah to come scoop me.

It was about 10:23 at night, the party started at 10:00 so we was lowkey late. I took a seat on the concrete porch & patiently waited for my best friend and her man to pull up but they were taking forever, like we wasn't already off clock.

| Durk Banks |

I pulled out of Niyah, and nutted on the white sheets because I refuse to nut in her. Lord knows we can't afford no kids right now. Lo already a handful, I don't need both of my hands full.

Her breathing patterns was everywhere and her legs was shaking uncontrollable as she tried to recover from the orgasm I just made her have. I be trying to tell her not to fuck with me or Ima have to do her like this, she be putting this on herself, knowing she can't handle it.

I got up from the bed, putting my Johnson back in my boxers and pulled up my pants.

"Get yo ass up and get ready, we gotta go get Monique & stop splurging on my fucking son."

"O-okay." Niyah struggled to reply while I walked to the other end of the room to get my sleeping son from his crib. This boy slept the whole time we was fucking, it's crazy how hard he sleep.

I picked him up and laid him on my shoulder. He was already dressed so I just needed to grab his diaper bag and head out.

I grab his bag from the ground and looked back at Niyah who just got out the bathroom from freshening up and was drying off.

I took Lo outside to strap him up in his car seat & get the car ready so when Niyah came out, I could just pull off.

It wasn't until about 7 minutes later that Niyah came out & I made my way over to Moni's crib.

"How much longer we gon' have to deal with this? You told me you was gon look for a job and quit this street shit." Niyah said to me with a disappointed look on her face.

I didn't wanna reply to her because I honestly didn't know how to. I been dating Niyah since the 7th grade & I been gangbanging that long too. She want me to give it up for the sake of my son & my own safety but it's not that easy. I'm too deep in these streets to just give it all up now. She gon have to wait a little longer until I finally figure all this shit out.

"Just a lil longer baby, Ima get it together. I promise."

"You said that when I first had Lo, look at us now, struggling worse than before."