He Saved Me

Me and my boyfriend Harry visited my high school to help out with a fundraiser. When we arrived the event coordinator needed us to go get supplies and stuff from the attic in the locker room. On our way to the locker room Harry noticed a stage in the gym so we walked behind the curtain and then he grabbed my hand and started dancing. Then we ended the dance with a passionate kiss and tried to stop distracting each other from our task. Then I got called to the office so I went alone and they assigned me to help with moving racks of clothing for I guess what was going to be a fashion show. So I was in the lobby by the big mirrored wall and then before I could really react to what happened some loud bomb exploded then any and all glass and mirrors shattered. Since I was standing right by the mirrored wall and the glass doors were in front of me there was no where that I could go. I screamed when the bomb sounded and the next thing I remembered was being knocked to the ground by the explosion's force. When I hit the ground I felt my head smack the floor hard and I immediately felt sharp pain along with this throbbing pressure. Glass was shattered all on top of me. My vision was kind of blurry and I was very dazed and confused about what had just happened. Everything felt like it was in slow motion and I heard someone running towards me but it sounded like they were a mile away. I slowly turned my head in the direction of the voice calling out my name and I saw that it was Harry coming for me. I tried to push myself up off of the ground but everything hurt and everywhere I touched there was glass cutting me with my every move. I heard him tell me not to move and then I heard the glass moving and being crushed as he made his way towards me. I was lying almost completely face down in glass. When he reached me I heard him ask if I could move, and I tried to turn and face him but when I did I started to see black spots and then my ears started to ring loudly and I just remember seeing his facial expression turn from calm to extremely worried and then I let my head rest back on the ground and feel the coolness from the floor as I closed my eyes and blacked out.

The next thing I remember I could feel someone's hands brushing the glass off of my body and then slowly and gently putting their hands under my legs and under my back. I felt this weird movement like I was being lifted and then I could hear the crunching of glass under the person's footsteps as they were carrying me to safety. I then heard sirens coming closer and I realized that it was an ambulance. I could hear people mumbling and then someone put me down on a soft bed-like object. Although it seemed soft until the glass all over me was being pushed further into my skin because of the weight of my body was pressing on it. I felt myself let out a scream and then I heard loud talking and then it sounded like I was in the middle of a mob. I didn't know whose voices were coming from which direction, but then I heard one voice that I recognized... it was Harry's. I felt my mouth moving but I didn't hear anything when I tried to call out to him... I tried to open my eyes and find him... then I saw blurry images and I kept trying to make myself focus and find Harry. It helped when I felt a hand grab ahold of mine. And when I realized it was Harry's I squeezed his hand, because I wanted to say something so bad but I couldn't so I just focused on him and then he whispered "it's going to be okay, you are safe now, I am right here and I am not going anywhere." Then they started moving me and I winced in pain once again, Harry then said "they are taking you to the hospital, and I am coming with you." All I could do was nod and when I did, I finally felt my sight coming back to me clearer. That's when I saw Harry and his eyes were glistening with tears ready to fall, he looked extremely stressed and terrified. I guess he realized that I got my sight back because he smiled and I smiled back and then he leaned down and ever so gently kissed me. The ambulance crew ruined our moment by telling him he needs to move back so they can help me.

Being around Harry made the pain seem to go away. I overheard the EMT's discussing how they need to give me a sedative to stabilize me and Harry looked at me and asked "are you in a lot of pain?" But I said that I really wasn't even though I lied. Harry looked over at the EMT and then he said "okay I understand" and then all I remember was hearing the beeping of the heart rate monitor and I heard the beeping get faster and faster and I felt like my chest was being squeezed and crushed and my heart felt like it was trying to burst out of my chest. I felt like I couldn't catch my breath and then I looked at Harry and I was terrified I had no idea what was happening to me. Harry jumped up and asked the EMT what was happening? And then I felt my eyes closing as the pressure on my chest let up and the last thing I heard was a slow *beep.. *beeep.......*beeeeeep.......... *beeeeeeeeeep........…........... And that was it, everything just stopped.

Harry was freaking out at the irregular sound of heart beats and then when I flatlined he yelled "what's happening to her??" "HELP HER!!!" The EMT's jumped into action giving me CPR and they had harry stay back out of their way so they could try to save me. They then got the crash cart and started it up and as it charged the tension and madness grew within Harry and he started crying! The EMT's said "CLEAR!" And hit me with the first jolt of electricity.

I felt nothing... I was in a state of nothingness... A powerful electric current felt like it punched me in my chest and I felt my heart jump and try to restart. It felt like I had hit a brick wall. Then another powerful shock hit and it jolted me so hard it pushed my body up off of the stretcher and I gasped for air as my heart finally caught onto a beat and kept its rhythm. I felt hands cover my face with some sort of oxygen mask and all of the other chattering confusion occurred. Harry grabbed my hand and held on until we arrived at the hospital. I felt the EMT's wheeling me into a building and there was a lot of commotion. I panicked when I didn't see or feel harry! I sat up with the last ounce of energy I had and said "Harry?!?" And then I heard him get closer and grab my hand and say "I'm right here baby, I'm right here". We reached a big set of doors and the doctors told Harry he had to stay here and he argued with them so much that they had to call security to keep him from me.

They took me into surgery and then afterwards they set me up in this hospital room for my recovery. They finally let Harry see me so that when I woke up he was leaning on my bed just staring at me. I looked at him and smiled and he said "how are you feeling? babe you scared me so bad!" All I could say was "I'm okay, I'm sorry Harry!" He just rushed towards me and kissed me after I had just finished my sentence. I asked him what happened and he told me everything. He then told me of how my heart failed almost two times and he thought he was going to lose me. He said I had to have immediate surgery because a piece of glass had punctured an organ and I had internal bleeding. He also said I had lost a lot of blood and they needed a donor. We had the same blood type so they had him hooked up to a machine that was connected to mine. I didn't realize until now but as I looked at Harry he looked like he had gone through a battle because there was blood all over his shirt and pants... my blood. He also looked a little pale and that's when I realized how much blood he had probably given me. I told him that he saved my life and he said  "because I wouldn't survive without you, and I love you with all of my being". And at that we kissed again as passionately as I possibly could at this point and said "thank you, I love you so much".

A couple days later they released me from the hospital and Harry had been there the whole time. He helped me out to his car and took me to his place. He said it would be better if he was there 24/7 to help me. So when we reached his place I went to open the door and the next thing I know Harry was there opening the door for me. He asked if it hurt too much to walk up the steps and inside. Before I could even answer he picked me up carefully and walked up the stairs and inside and into the bedroom. He laid me down and then he laid down with me and I snuggled up to him and laid my head on his chest. This was the first time that I really felt comfortable and at home again.

A/N: So what do you think? Please be easy on me. This is my first post ever! I had this dream about it and decided to write and develop the story somewhat more. Hope you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading!!