Werewolf

Last night I dreamed about being in some school or church or some building similar but it was most likely a school. It was pretty dark and I didn’t see any lights on. I was walking down a darkened hallway and I saw a door open and I thought I saw some movement coming from inside the room. As I slowly walk closer I don’t hear any noises at all and it’s a very eerie quite. I made it to the door and very slowly looked in to see who or what was inside. As I looked in I saw a guy pacing back and forth and rubbing the back of his neck and he looked very tense and possibly upset about something. His back was towards me and all I could see was that he was pretty tall, muscular, and he was wearing dark colored jeans with a dark sweater/shirt or hoodie on. I couldn’t really see what any other features were because it was too dark.

     But then I somehow must have made a noise or something because the guy turned around. I don’t know how he could have heard me because I never moved I only breathed. He must have had super hearing! When he turned around and I saw his face a chill went down my spine and I felt a great fear for my life. My heart started beating so fast I thought it would explode! I have never felt so scared and horrified and shocked all at one time so immense. His face was like a werewolf!! I know they aren’t supposed to be real but I know what I saw. There were distinct features to his face like it was very hairy and his eyes were yellow. And his teeth… it looked like his canines grew longer than a normal person and they were very sharp. When he had turned around and spotted me I just stood there in utter shock and terror! I didn’t know what to do I guess I was just hoping he wouldn’t see me and that maybe he was nice. Well I was completely wrong!!!

     As I stood there in shock he let out a ferocious and loud growl and with that I grabbed the door and slammed it shut. I don’t know why I thought that maybe that would somehow stop him from coming after me. I took off running as fast as I could and I ran through the lobby which had a high domed ceiling and marble looking floors and some sort of fountain in the center with steps all around it going down to the water’s edge. As I raced around the fountain trying to find a door unlocked but with no luck he caught up to me and grabbed me so hard. He had grabbed me from behind and started pulling me back towards him and the steps by the fountain. My heart felt like it stopped when he grabbed me but yet a couple seconds later I felt it still pounding the life out of me. I didn’t know what to do!  It felt like if I looked down I would see blood coming out of my arms because he was holding on so tight. I let out a blood curdling scream in utter terror and tried to get away but I couldn’t move. Only one thought ran across my mind at that time… “This was it… this is how I’m going to die!...How did this even happen?!?”

     I felt so alone because for some strange reason there was no one around the whole building. So that meant no one could hear my screams and no one could save me! I struggled as much as I could but I was starting to wear out because he was so strong.  When I could feel the heaving breathing on my neck and his sharp teeth getting closer and grazing my shoulder and gliding up to my neck, I knew I was going to die. The weird part about that was that it felt like the beast didn’t want to hurt me but he couldn’t stop. It seemed like he was about to kiss me and not bite me.  But just when I thought that it was over I heard someone yell, “Get off of her Harry, and let her go!!!” I just thought, “wait… what?? You know this beast?”, but I was happy to know that I was going to be saved.

     Then Harry or whatever his name was wouldn’t let go of me so the person who had told him to stop came over and tried to pull him off of me. But at that point my mind was shutting down because of everything that had happened I was just too overwhelmed. I felt like somehow the darkness was getting darker and I felt like I was starting to slip away. And then I felt really lightweight and I could feel someone’s arms wrapping around and taking my all of my weight because my legs couldn’t support it anymore.

     Before I had slipped away completely I heard the beast and the guy talking. The guy asked the beast when he saw that I was passing out, “what did you do?!?” Then the beast said, “I don’t know I didn’t mean to…” Then I felt the beast’s breath close to my ear and he whispered, “I’m so sorry”. And then the noise and talking stopped and there was just an utter peace and calm feeling.

     When I came to I was laying on my bed in my room. I don’t know how I got there but I was glad to be home. I thought, “well maybe this was all just a dream”.  I hoped that this was all just a dream because it would be way too strange and overwhelming if this was real. I wanted to know for sure if it was real or not so I decided to go back to that dark school where everything supposedly took place.

     As I walk through the long dark hallways I get a very strong sense of déjà vu. And then I see the same door open again and movement inside. So I go over slowly hoping and praying that there is nothing there! But when I saw a guy standing there I wasn’t as shocked as I thought I would be. So I said out loud, “This is not happening…This is not real!!” I was determined to not go through this again, so I turned around and started to run towards the fountain to get outside and go home as fast as I could and just forget that all of this happened.

     When I started running I heard something coming up fast behind me but I kept running because I refused to look back. Then someone grabbed me just like my dream or whatever it was and they turned me around and by instinct I just started screaming!! But then the guy said, “Hey hey hey calm down… it’s okay … I’m not going to hurt you… just listen to me for a second…”