Chapter Six- Meeting Laurance

Aphmau's POV
I was so exhausted when I got home last night. I immediately put Levin in bed and went to sleep myself. I asked Garroth and Dale if they could bring everything that I got at the baby shower to my house and they did. I was very thankful for that. I guess that Garroth noticed that I was tired because he offered to walk me home and I gladly accepted. He even held little Levin for me while we walked. He's so sweet! I thanked him and we walked home. When we got there, I thanked him again and took back Levin. Then I went into my house and fell asleep.
The next morning, I woke up, ate breakfast with Levin, opened the door for Zoey, and walked out of my house.
"I should make Zoey, like Levin's official guardian." I thought to myself. She was really helping me out by watching Levin and I really appreciate that. I walked down the pathway that led out of my house and went to the village. Garroth greeted me when I came over to him.
"Good morning, Lord Aphmau. Did you sleep well?" He asked.
"Yes I did. Thank you, Garroth." I said.
"No problem," he said. "Oh, and I've just received word that no village in the area has reported a missing child, so Levin is all yours." He said. I was SUPER happy to hear that.
"YES! Thank Irene! I don't think I would be able to let him go." I smiled really big. I heard Garroth chuckle.
"I know. It would be a shame to see him go. Everyone in the village loves him." He said.
"Yeah, but I'm still wondering where he came from. Who left him on my doorstep?" I asked.
"I don't know but that's not really important right now. Let's just be grateful he's here." Garroth said. I didn't know he was so fond of Levin. Well, then again, everyone is.
"Yeah, you're right. Well, I need to go check up on the rest of the village. I'll talk to you later, Garroth." I said, walking away. While I was walking away, I heard Garroth mumble something that I couldn't hear. I shrugged it off. It was probably something having to do with the village.
I went around talking to the other villagers when I saw Raven land over by the entrance of Phoenix Drop. I decided to go over and see what it was about. I got over there and saw Garroth and Dale reading a note that Raven just delivered. I walked over to them.
"Hey. What's the note about?" I asked. They looked at me.
"Ah, Lady Aphmau. Well it looks like the Lord to Meteli's Daughter, Cadenza, has gone missing and Lord Hayden is seeing if anyone has seen her." Dale explained.
"Oh no, that's terrible!" I said.
"Isn't it? Well, I'm going to tell Lord Hayden that we'll keep our eyes open." Garroth said, about to start writing. Then an idea popped into my head.
"I want to go to Meteli." I said. Garroth and Dale both looked at me, surprised.
"W-why? Y-you have a village you need to watch over." Garroth said.
"Calm down, guys. I'm not abandoning Phoenix Drop. I just want to see what Meteli looks like and see if I can help. I won't be gone forever. Plus, I have you two to watch the village while I'm gone, right?" I smiled, innocently.
"I suppose. But I feel like it would be more safe if you took me or Garroth with you. Just in case." Dale said. Garroth agreed.
"I can take care of myself. You guys know that, don't you?" They nodded. "So what are you worrying about? I promise I'll be fine, I just want to go visit Meteli for a few days. I've only ever been to Brightport and I never really got to explore. PLEEEAASE?" I begged, giving them puppy eyes. Garroth sighed.
"Fine. But if you're not back within a week, then we're coming to get you." He said. I smiled.
"Thanks, Garroth!" I said, hiving him a quick hug. I heard Dale laugh quietly and Garroth elbowed him in the arm.
"I'll see you guys in a few days, Ok?" I said, walking away.
"Be safe." Garroth said and I nodded.
I waved goodbye, grabbed a boat at the docks, and traveled to Meteli.
When I arrived, I was greeted by a guard. He had brown hair, a blue coat, and a brown leather strap traveling from his right shoulder down to his left hip. I docked my boat and walked over to him. He smiled as I approached.
"Well, hello there, beautiful." He said, smirking. I stopped in front of him.
"Um, excuse me? Who are you, if I may ask?" I said.
"Oh, where are my manners? My name is Laurance, head guard in Meteli. If you want I can leave my post to bring you on a romantic dinner?" He said.
"What is he doing? He just met me."
"Um, n-no thanks. Um, anyway, my name is Aphmau. Lord of Phoenix Drop. I came here because I heard about the Lord's daughter gone missing?" I said. He looked shocked.
"Wow, I didn't think anyone would respond to that plea. Especially not a Lord. Anyway, yes. Lord Hayden's daughter, Cadenza, has been missing for about 3 days now and everyone is very worried about her. I'm actually her brother, well. Adoptive brother." He explained.
"Do you know where she could be?" He shook his head.
"We've checked everywhere that she could be, but." He raised his hands in frustration.
"Well, is there anyway that I could help you out?" I asked.
"Uh, sure. Follow me. I'll take you to Lord Hayden." He said, turning around and walking toward the village. I followed, hoping that I'll be able to help this village.

Author 's Note
The chapters are going to be coming out later than usual because I just got back in school. Spring Break is over😢 I'm really sorry about that.
Also, I know I didn't give Laurance his orange long hair. In this story, he is already a Shadow Knight. I just didn't want to get into all of the Shadow Knight/Nether stuff. Felt like that would take too long. (Fun Fact- I'm lazy. Don't judge me😂)
Also, the reason that I didn't add Garroth's POV is because the story was long enough. I like keeping my stories around the 1,000 word mark. Sorry

Thank you
~Emily💖