Chapter Thirty Two- The Battle

Garroth's POV
"Vylad!?!?"

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I swore it was a dream for a moment. Vylad died almost 2 years ago. Everyone in O'Khasis was sure if that. Well, except mom of course.

Vylad kicked the Shadow Knight away and stabbed him. Once he did, all the other Shadow Knights that were around us three disappeared. He turned to us. I was still shocked. I saw Laurance walk next to me and raise his sword. I stopped him and he lowered it.

"Hey Garroth. Long time; no see. How's mom?" He asked.

"U-Um. I don't know. I haven't seen her in a while. Anyway, what are you doing here? What happened? Where have you been? Everyone in O'Khasis thought you were dead." I had no idea why or how he was here. I was happy that my baby brother was back but, I honestly had no idea what to think at that moment.

"Let's not talk about this right now. Okay, Gar? We have to get rid of the other Shadow Knights first." He said. I nodded and turned to Laurance.

"Ready?" I asked. He looked at Vylad and then to me.

"I'll explain later, okay?" I said and he smiled.

"Alright. Yeah, I'm ready." The three of us made our way through the village, fighting off Shadow Knights.

Aphmau's POV
Katelyn and I stayed at the plaza and tried to defeat all the Shadow Knights that were there, but it was hard. They were really difficult to defeat. I had no idea how to fight them. Katelyn and I hadn't killed a single one, we were just simply keeping them occupied. We didn't want them to find the other villagers who were hiding out in my house. That was our main concern. And making sure they didn't take Garroth, Nicole, or Zane back. We didn't want Zane to go back because if he did, he would start another war with O'Khasis when his father saw him disabled. I didn't want that to happen again.

I saw Garroth and Laurance coming to the plaza. There was a guy that I didn't recognize with them. The guy held up his sword and all of the Shadow Knights vanished. Garroth and Laurance ran over to us.

"You guys, okay?" Laurance asked.

"Yeah, we're fine. Who's that?" I asked, looking at the other guy. Garroth looked at him, and then back at me.

"That's Vylad. My baby brother." He said. My eyes widened.

"But, I thought, you and Zane said, he was..." I started.

"Not important. Right now, we need to get rid of Zenix and the other Shadow Knights. I promise I'll explain everything later." Vylad said. I nodded and we went over to where the other Shadow Knights were, the wheat fields.

Everything looked horrible. The wheat fields were burned and destroyed. Dante, Travis, Dale, Brian, Nicole, Logan, and Lucinda were all there, fighting against the Shadow Knights. Garroth, Laurance, Vylad, Katelyn, and I ran in to join the battle.

Katelyn and I ran in together and attacked. I glanced over at the guys and saw that Vylad was trying to take down Zenix. It seemed like Zenix's sword had lost power or something because he wasn't using it to destroy all of the Shadow Knights, like he did before. I turned my attention back towards the rest of the battle and fought every Shadow Knight that came over to us.

I had lost track of the time but it seemed like we'd been fighting forever. I was starting to get a little tired, but I kept fighting. I couldn't let my village down.

Suddenly, there was a flash of light and all the Shadow Knights disappeared. Zenix was the only remaining one. I looked over at Vylad and Zenix. Vylad seemed to be loosing energy fast. I guess getting rid of that many Shadow Knights takes a lot out of you.

Katelyn and I made our way towards them and stood behind Vylad. Everyone else came too. I took a small step forward and whispered to Vylad.

"You want to rest?" He shook his head and I stepped back. Zenix laughed.

"HAHAHA! Brave, Vylad. Very brave. You're tired and would probably fall over if the wind gets too strong, but yet here you are. Still fighting. I'm impressed." He said.

Vylad didn't respond but I saw Garroth next to me, ball his hands into fists. I doubted he liked Zenix talking to his brother like that. I placed my hand on his shoulder and felt him relax. He was still glaring at Zenix, but I didn't blame him. I wouldn't want Zenix saying any of that to anyone I cared about.

Vylad raced toward Zenix without warning. It seemed like Zenix was expecting that because he blocked it easily.

"Hahaha! You're getting tired Vylad, I can tell. Sending those Shadow Knights back to the Nether took a lot out of you, didn't it? I know for a fact you're stronger than that! That's why I made you....." Zenix couldn't finish that sentence. Vylad slashed at him again. Zenix blocked it.

"What? Don't want me to say it in front of your brother? Afraid he'll be upset?" Zenix mocked.

"Shut up." Vylad was barely whispering. He seemed completely out of energy. Zenix laughed again.

"You keep talking, you'll run out of energy faster."

Zenix slashed at Vylad. Vylad was raising his sword slowly and I thought he wouldn't block it. Then, without any warning, Garroth ran over to them and blocked Zenix's sword. He lightly pushed Vylad out of the way and stood in front of Zenix.

"Hehe, you're such a good big brother Garroth. Unfortunately, that will be your downfall." Zenix smirked.

"I don't think so." Garroth kicked Zenix in the stomach and he doubled over.

Garroth wasn't even giving Zenix a chance to recover, he was just attacking. I was just watching, in awe. He didn't fight like this against Zane. I guess it was because he didn't want to hurt Zane.

Zenix got over his shock late and attacked Garroth back.

The fight went on for a while and I could tell Garroth was loosing energy. Zenix slashed at Garroth again and Garroth was getting a bit slower. He blocked it but I could tell one more strike and he would collapse.

I was getting ready to switch with him when Zenix slashed at him again. I was about to run over to them when Zenix froze. I looked at him and there was a sword sticking through his chest.

I saw him disappear and Vylad was standing in his place. I ran over to Garroth and took his sword from his hand. He looked over and smiled at me. I smiled back and hugged him.

"You okay?" I asked him as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He pulled away and went over to Vylad. He was still standing there and Garroth stood in front of him.

"I can explain now, unless you need some time to rest?" Vylad said. Garroth shook his head and me, Garroth, Vylad, Laurance, Katelyn, and Travis went over to my house to talk.