Chapter Thirteen- The Baby Shower

Aphmau's POV
I woke up the next morning and went over to Levin's room. I noticed that he wasn't there so I figured that Zoey must have taken him downstairs. I went downstairs and was greeted with the smell of toast and pancakes. Zoey was cooking and Levin was in his chair.
"Ah, good morning, Lord Aphmau. Did you sleep well?" Zoey asked. I smiled.
"Um, yeah. Thanks for asking. What's for breakfast?" I said.
"Toast and pancakes. I've already given Levin his bottle so he should be fine. I think he should go out and play with Kyle and Alexis today." She replied.
"Ok, sounds good." I said, sitting down and drinking tea.
"So," Zoey came over and gave me a plate of food. "Any plans for today?" She asked me.
"Um, well. Yesterday, Kiki was talking to me about having a baby shower for Kyle and Alexis in her barn. Don't know when or if she'll do it but we'll see." I replied.
"Ohhhh, another baby shower would be so much fun!" She sounded excited. I laughed and she looked at me.
"Hey, are you ok? You're being really quiet this morning." She asked, concerningly. I smiled.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Just have a lot on my mind." Started eating my breakfast.
"Liiiiike?" She asked. I shrugged.
"Nothing really important." I said. She shrugged and started eating too.

I left after helping Zoey with the dishes and went down to the village. The first person I saw was Garroth. He didn't have his helm on. I walked over to him. He saw me coming over and smiled. I smiled back.
"Hey Garroth. Where's your helm?" I asked him. He chuckled.
"Kinda pointless to wear it now that everyone knows what I look like." I laughed.
"Good point. Hey, have you seen Kiki around?" I asked him. He shook his head.
"No, not yet. Why?" He asked.
"She was talking to me last night about having a baby shower for Kyle and Alexis. I wanted to see if she was still planning on doing it." He smiled.
"Sounds like a great idea. I'll let you know if I see her." He said.
"Thanks Garroth. Well, I got to go check on the rest of the village. I'll see you later." I said to him.
"See ya." He said as I left.

I went over to Kiki's barn to see if she was there. Of course she was. I walked in.
"Hey Kiki." I said. She looked at me and smiled.
"Lady Aphmau. Glad you came over. Are we still going to have the baby shower?" She asked. I smiled.
"Heh, I was going to ask you the same question. I'm fine with it and so are Zoey and Garroth. Need any help setting up?" I asked. She shook her head.
"I already asked Brendon and Brian to help me out. They should be here any minute. Thanks for the offer though, Aphmau. Why don't we do the shower in, hmmm, let's say, 8 hours?" She asked.
"Sure. Sounds perfect. See you then, Kiki." I said, waving goodbye.

I walked back down to the village and someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around and saw Laurance.
"Hey, Laurance." I said, smiling. "What's up?" He smiled.
"Just wanted to complement you on the whole setup last night. It looked beautiful! Just like the girl who built it." He winked at me and I gave him a playful shove.
"Thanks Laurance. That took a lot of work so I'm glad it paid off." I said.
"Yeah, I bet it was. Well, anyway, just wanted to say hey. I'll be patrolling around Kawaii~Chan's house so if you need anything or just want to see me, you know where to find me." He winked again and I rolled my eyes.
"Thanks. I may come over later. Oh, Laurance. There's going to be a baby shower at Kiki's barn at 5. Tell anyone you see about it. It's for Kyle and Alexis." I told him.
"OH! Thanks for the heads up. Sure, I'll spread the word. See ya around, Lord Aphmau." He said walking off.

I shook my head in his direction and stared walking again. Then a thought popped into my head out of nowhere.
"What happens if he finds out that I like Garroth? Will he be hurt? I don't want to hurt him. Ugggg, why does my life have to be so difficult?"
I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and accidentally ran into Garroth.
"Woah, are you ok?" He asked. I blushed.
"Um, y-yeah. Sorry. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." He smiled.
"Don't worry. So, I hear that the baby shower actually is going to happen?" He asked. I was shocked.
"Wow, Laurance already spread the word?! That was fast!" He laughed.
"Well, Laurance is good at spreading the word fast." He smiles and I blushed again.
"Well I should go to visit the rest of the village. I'll see you later, Garroth."
"See ya." He said as I left.
"Oh my Irene. I probably looked so stupid. Pay attention to where you're going, Aphmau. Jeez."
I continued to walk around the village and tell people about the baby shower. I can't wait until then. It's going to be so fun.

(Time skip to 5:00)

Oh, it's 5 already? Well, time to head to the baby shower. I walked out of my house, with Levin in my arms, and down to the village. Garroth was there and he came over to me.
"Hey, Lady Aphmau. May I escort you to the baby shower?" He asked. I giggled.
"It's not THAT dark out, Garroth." He smiled.
"I know it's just, I don't trust you walking alone with Zane lurking around. I'd feel safer if you let me escort you." He said. I smiled.
"Well, if it makes you feel better, then yes. You may." I said and we started walking toward the barn together.

We got there and went inside and the barn was in full party-mode. Lights were hanging from the ceiling, presents were everywhere, and there were tables with cakes and apples on them.
"Wow, Kiki really outdid herself for this party, huh?" Garroth said. I laughed.
"Yeah, she did." I agreed and went to put Levin down next to Alexis and Kyle.
"Hey Aphmau!" I turned around and saw Kiki. I smiled.
"Hey Kiki. Wow, you really outdid yourself here." I said. She giggled.
"Heh, thanks but really, all the credit goes to Brendon and Brian." She said. I talked with the others for a while when I all of a sudden see Zane come in, give something to Dale, and leave. I don't like him at all so I went o we to Dale to see what he got.
"Hey Dale. What did Zane give you?" I asked him. He turned around.
"Ah, Lady Aphmau. He gave me this beautiful necklace to give to Alexis. I'm amazed he would give this to her. It looks really expensive." He said, holding up a diamond necklace. He was right. It did look expensive and it was really pretty. I looked over at the entrance where he left and Garroth was there, looking at it too. I guess we both sensed that something odd was going on. I walked over to him.
"Go see what he's up to. I don't trust him one bit. I'll be watching from over here. If you need me, just call." I nodded and left out the gate.

I looked to my left and there was Zane, standing with his two guards. I approached him.
"What? Can't a guy just give an adorable little baby girl a present without being glared at?" He asked, innocently. I didn't trust him.
"What did you do to it?" I asked. He looked offended.
"What?! Why would I ever want to harm a precious little girl like Alexis!?" He said. I rolled my eyes.
"What do you want, Zane? Why haven't you left yet?" I asked him. He gave me an evil smirk.
"All I want is for my big brother, whom I care so much for, to come home. That's all I want. Am I allowed to miss my older brother?" He asked.
"Why is this so important to you?" I asked him. I didn't want Garroth to leave. Zane gave me a weird expression, then started laughing.
"Oh, please don't tell me that you actually have FEELINGS for my older brother, do you. Oh my Irene, this is amazing. HAHAHAHA!" He was laughing his head off. I felt my face get hot but I kept a straight face.
"What are you talking about? He's my guard and I don't want to see him leave." I replied.
"Oh, sure. That's the reason. Well, if Garroth doesn't make up his mind in 3 days, then something will happen to this village. You have until then to spend as much time with him as possible until he leaves. If he makes the wrong choice, let's just say, Phoenix Drop will need a new Lord and O'Khasis will have a powerful new Lord to rule over it. Make the right choice." Zane said, leaving to his temporary house. I stood there for a few moments when I felt someone tap my shoulder.
"Lord Aphmau? Are you ok?" I turned around and saw Garroth. He looked concerned. I felt tears forming in my eyes and I started crying. I didn't want Garroth to leave. EVER! Stupid Zane, having to come to my village and threaten it. I suddenly felt arms wrap around me and I felt Garroth holding me in his arms, trying to calm me. I relaxed, feeling safe in his arms. I calmed down a bit.
"Do you want me to walk you home?" He asked and I nodded. We separated and started walking towards my house. I would tell him everything tomorrow. I was walking next to him and, without thinking, I grabbed his hand. I just felt safer like that and he didn't seem to mind. We walked in silence all the way to my house.

"Please don't leave me, Garroth"