Chapter Thirty Five- The Ro'Meave Brothers

Garroth's POV
I woke up the next morning with my arms wrapped around Aphmau. She was still sleeping, her head resting on my chest. I felt my face heat up. I smiled at her and moved her head onto the pillow, careful not to wake her. We had fallen asleep sitting up against the wall next to her bed. I pulled the covers out from under her and pulled them over her. I leaned down and kissed her forehead. I stood back up and smiled at her.

"She looks so cute when she's asleep." I thought before leaving her room and going downstairs.

I walked down the stairs and saw Zoey over at the stove cooking something. She turned around once I came down and smiled at me.

"Stayed the night, huh?" She asked. I smiled.

"Heh, yeah. Didn't realize how late it was getting and I didn't feel like walking home." She laughed.

"Well, I've made bacon and eggs. You're welcome to help yourself." She turned back to the stove.

"Thanks, Zoey."

I want over to the kitchen counter and picked up the plates. I put one in front of each chair. I heard giggling and looked over at the stairs leading to the basement and I heard little feet running up the stairs. I smiled when Levin and Malachi's heads emerged.

"Gar!" Levin said happily and ran over to me. I bent down and picked him up.

"Hey boys." I said and Malachi came over to me. I picked him up too. They weren't heavy.

"You boys didn't mess with any of my potions down there, did you?" Zoey asked, coming over to us.

"No. We didn't. We played in the guest room and in the meeting room. We didn't go in your room, Zoey." Malachi said. Zoey breathed a sigh of relief.

"Okay, good. Thank you boys." She said.

"You welcome, Zoey." Levin smiled and Zoey laughed.

I turned around and placed the boys in their chairs at the table. Zoey then came over and sat down. Not soon after, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I turned around and saw Aph getting off the stairs and walking over. Zoey turned around in her seat and waved.

"Morning, Lord Aphmau. I've made bacon and eggs." Zoey said and Aphmau smiled.

"Thank you, Zoey." Aph replied and Zoey turned back around and started eating.

"Morning Mom." Malachi said, looking up from his plate.

"Hi Mommy." Levin said, smiling.

"Good morning boys." She said, walking over to the table. She stood next to me and smiled.

"Morning sweetie." I said, kissing her on the cheek. A light blush creeping up on her face.

"Hey Garroth. What are you still doing here, hm?" She asked, smiling. I chuckled.

"I might have fallen asleep here last night." She laughed.

Aph and I sat down at the table and ate with Zoey and the boys. After we ate, Aphmau helped Zoey with the dishes while I watched the boys. They were coloring on the floor in front of the couch. I was sitting on the couch, watching them.

A few minutes later, Aphmau appeared behind me and I stood up. She kissed the boys, both on the head. She grabbed my hand and we left together.

We walked down the hill and into the village. I spotted Laurance at the guard station talking to Dante and Travis. I looked at Aphmau.

"I'm going to go check on the rest of the village. You go talk to the guys if you want. Tell them I said 'hi', okay?" I smiled.