Chap 2

As the night came to a close I stepped outside to enjoy a cigarette, and collect my thoughts. Lamar, a cool guy who wore Apple Jacks hats and slacks all the time, was posted in front of the shop smoking in the summer breeze. Without speaking he passed me the lighter, his attention was up the street, he staring at the guys who hung in front of the deli. slinging dope to hopeless souls.

" I used to be one of them." His words more of a statement needed no response, however I knew he had a point, he was a poet and on a the few occasions he drop a few lines to me.

" Years ago I would have gambled all my money away and then robbed the whole corner." He continued after a brief pause to pull on his cigarette. "God found me though." I nodded and listened, My eyes focused on some girls coming up the opposite side of the block. The intersection of Ridge and Cecil B Moore came to life after the sun went down.

"Young'n you have to understand that all champions lose before they really learn how to win,  don't allow the peanut gallery to distract you from perfecting your craft. If a guy can knock you off your square by controlling your thoughts then he already beat you.  Jules is conniving, don't worry about him he makes up in intimidation for what he lacks in skills. stay away from him and ignore his tactics.  you have so much potential, and they realizes this. Hazing come with the craft." He plucked the butt in the street, and turned towards the barbershop.

" he just pissed me off, yeah I fucked up, but he ain't have to play me like a sucka in front of the client he fucking up my money." Lamar stared at me rubbing his bald head that contained a few days growth on the sides.

"No you fucked up your money, mean it will be plenty more days like that, get used to it. this is a competitive business. You feel like cutting my hair, I have to perform tonight?" He switched to subject before I could really vent.
" Yeah come on."

On my way to my station I noticed Jules in the back with Stacy the manicurist, and shampoo girl. She was ghetto fabulous, the type of chick who was low income on paper but still found a way to get the finer things in life, like the new iPhone 6. A light bulb went off in my head. That would be my pay back. I would fuck Stacy, and let Jules find out. everyone in the shop knew that Jules was in love with her ,and Stacy just toyed with him.