Chap 5

At work we arrive late, the shop was up and running, crowded for a Sunday, gospel played in a low tone over the speakers that usually boomed rap and R&B . I walked in with my head held high smirking as I spoke to everyone. Jules have a client in his chair and didn't look up when I am acknowledged him. I'm sure he looked on Stacey page and saw the pictures we took together.

usually he will call me Michael Myers from the movie Halloween, and then chant Che-che-che-che-che-ha-ha-ha-ha, and the whole shop would laugh. But this morning he was quiet, and didn't look at me until I passed him. In the mirror I saw his eyes slicing through my back as I walked by, and I smile even deeper.

"Lamar, what's up? how did your performance go last night?" I asked as we shook hands and hugged briefly. Lamar was my mentor inside of the shop. when I first started two months ago he schooled me.
" I killed it they gave me a standing ovation, and I met a new sister who wants to go out, she was digging my alliteration." Lamar said all of this while doing a razor sharp up on a man with a receding hairline.

"What?" Sometimes Lamar got weird and went into somethings I didn't understand. With that I went to my station, and begin setting up my equipment.

Crystal walk in a few minutes later with her son quadir, I've been cutting Qudair's hair since I started in the shop. he's six years old so he asked a lot questions when I cut his hair. the problem is I started having sex with Cyrstal about two weeks ago and now she wanted his weekly hair cut to be free. Last week I cut it for free, but today I needed the money, and hopefully I didn't have to ask for it.

"Hey Mike crystal said hugging me putting her double D's on me making it odious I had fucked her.

"What's up Cyrstal? What's up Quadir? I shook his tiny hand and stared him in the eyes as we squeezed lightly something I taught him the first time we met. in the back by the waiting room Stacy stood watching me.

Cyrstal didn't pay for the cut, she is invited me over to her house tonight, I will rather have the money but my little head always places me in an uncomfortable situation.