Chap 6

Around 2 PM I was on my eighth client business was moving for Sunday. Stacey came over to my chair.
"You want something to eat". Her body was practically touching mine, and  her breath still smell like that dead mouse.
"yeah." I said stepping back  slightly trying not to get burnt by her dragon breath.

"What you want?" I saw Jules watching thru the mirror,  so I put on a show.

"You." I said giving my best seductive smile.  she blushed, and I realized how white her teeth were.

"Boy stop playing you can have me later." She grabbed my shirt pinching my side.

"Girl I'm working chill. Just get me A chicken cheesesteak with mayo mustard and ketchup. She put her hand out for the money "damn you can't treat me, that's where we at wit it?"

" I got you." she walked away switching the big ass as the whole shop watched each butt cheek dance to a different beat.

Around closing time Lamar approached.

"let me rap to you Mike." His face held no emotion, and I wondered  what was wrong.

"What's up Mar?" I asked brushing the hair from my blades.

"Let's  step outside." before I could respond he turned and marched towards the door.

outside a few barbers were smoking and talking. Lamar walked  past them and escorted  me to a secluded area , and I knew it was serious and he didn't want nobody yo hear us talk.

"Listen, you play with fire young'n  and don't even know it. That boy is crazy about that skunk breath girl. Don't you know  the fastest way to die is over a woman, wars have been fought over  Coochie.  all day that man  has been in there quiet and every body know." He paused, removed his hat, and  scratched his head before finishing. "you and him  will eventually come to some sort of dispute and it may be explosive. Do you know why he went to jail."  Cars will beeping in front of the shop. A  man leaned out the window of a car that was too small for him to be driving, and he looked like a clown. 

"Naw. why?" I asked, cleaning my the dirt, and hair from underneath my fingernails.

"manslaughter he served  eight years for killing a guy he grew up with over a chick." Lamar's hand moved with each word adding emphasis to his shocking statement.

"They're not together." The base was missing from my voice when I spoke.

"Come on young'n you too smart to even believe that, you know what you're doing, and it's working. She don't want him she toys with him daily, we all see it. So be careful."

" thanks I just hope it's not that serious to him." Jules walked by me as I said this But I doubt if he heard me. he got his black pick up truck and left.

"it is." Lamar said as he turned to go back in the shop.
I begin packing my clippers, combs and  in hair supplies inside my eagles gym bag around 9 PM. Stacy left early to pick her kids up. I paid my rent, and prepared to leave. A few other barbers were standing around talking about going to get drinks. I shook a few hands and headed home.