Chapter 5

Katylnn curled up in her bed, shaking. She texted Brenden and asked for him to meet her. "Kat, your friend is here" her mum screamed. He walked up the stairs and into her room. She ran to him. "Oh. Are you okay?". She started sobbing again. She explained how the man took her and how she struggled but couldn't get away. "Fuck him. What does he look like. I'm calling 911 right now." He picked up her light, fragile body and laid her on the bed. He sat on the edge while lightly playing with her hair. She sat up, "would- would you mind if I. Um. If we. Like-" He lifted up the blanket and got in. He laid down and she rested her head on his chest. "Kat?" "Yes?" "Do you know the name of this guy?" She shook her head. "Okay." "He was tall. And had brown hair. That's all I can remember." "Okay. Don't worry about him. Okay? You're safe now. I'm here." She nodded and closed her eyes. "It's okay sweetie. Sleep". He kissed her forehead and she fell asleep.

Katylnn awoke with a start. She got up, put on a jacket and walked down stairs. "Nice sleep?" She looked up quickly. "Your mum yelled up that she was gonna be gone for a while. I got a light snack. Are you hungry? I have tea ready to be heated for you." He stood up and walked over to the microwave. There was a beep as he hit the 'add minute' button. She was surprised. "Oh. I hope you don't mind that I stayed. I wanted to make sure you were okay." "I'm okay." He smiled. The microwave beeped and he took out the coffee cup filled with tea. He sat on the couch and watched Kat as she stood there. "Yes. Go ahead." She smiled and ran over to him. She sat next to him and laid her head on his shoulder. He handed her the tea and she sipped slowly.  "I. I um. I hope you're okay with me being. Well clingy." She hid her face as she said this. "I like clingy." He turned her face towards his and looked into her eyes. He pushed her hair out of her face and leaned in. Katylnn's heart raced as she leaned in as well. Their lips touched and Kat pulled away. She smiled and looked down. "Awe." She looked up at him, still smiling. He put her arm around her. "You're mine and I won't let anyone touch you ever again." "Can you be mine too?" "I'm only yours". She hugged him tightly. He laughed. "Um. Can we watch tv?" Kat asked meekly. "Mhm." She put on a show and she curled into him.