Chapter 6

Kat left for school. Brendan met her in her first class, "Hey" he said. "Hi". "The movie was good." She nodded. "Awe dose the little girl have a cutting partner?" a squeaky voice said. "Ugh" Kat groaned, "go away". "No way. I like seeing you like this." she smiled acting sweet. Brendan started to say something but Kat grabbed his arm making him stop. "What's this?" She grabbed the book Kat was reading and stood up on a chair. "Reality. I wake up. I can barley see in the darkness of my room. There is a figure standing over me. I know who it is. I dont belive he is real. "Go to sleep." he says as he presses the knife against my throat. I dont struggle. The infamous killer has a confused look on his smiling face. He backs away. "Why arent you struggling? Dont you want to live?" he asks. I take off my shirt. "I want to be free" I say as he feels my wrist. I flinch. He moves his hand to my stomach and traces the words carved into my skin. "Why?" "I want the pain to stop. To stop forever." I reply. He takes my hand and pulls me off the bed." She laughed. The class started yelling 'Freak'. "woah wait now, we shouldn't judge her. She might kill herself. Oh wait, that'd do the world a favor." She climed down, admiring the laughing kids and the tears in Kat's eyes. "Awe did I make the little baby cry." She smirked and walked off. Brendan got up, fists clenched. "Leave it." "you're crying." "I'm fine" she gripped her stomach and jumped. "I gotta- um use the bathroom" She ran out as the bell rang. Roll was called and Kat's name was said. Brendan said "here" quietly and then coughed. The teacher either didn't notice or didn't care. The bathroom was empty of course. She ran to the back stall. She slipped to the floor and put her hand over her mouth. She pulled her shirt off and started clawing at the marks. Her stomach bled and bled. After she calmed down, she took toilet paper and cleaned up the floor, with her stomach stained but dry, she waited. The bell rang and she walked out. "You okay?" Kat jumped at the sound. She nodded and said "just needed to calm down." She walked ahead and Brendan flinched knowing she a was lying. He followed her and slipped his fingers in between hers. She blushed. He smiled knowing he made her forget what happened, even if it was for only a second.