Chapter 1

The Grand City of Ebott. That's what anyone who didn't  live there called it. But if they knew the inner workings, they'd never go within a thousand miles of the place. The gangs ruled the streets. The regulatory forces were non-existent, the leaders owned no further than the mansion they lived in. Barely that far. It was in this tense, deadly city that you roamed the streets, keeping your hood low and shoulders slumped. Under the cowl of the cloak your sharp, E/C eyes surveyed the streets around you. It was midday, what should be the safest time of day. Hah, you thought. Yeah right. 'Safe'. There was no safe time of day, not here. Just to prove your point, a masked man pulled you roughly out of the crowd and into a stereotypical dark alley. "Your money, your sex, or your life."  he said menacingly. It didn't intimidate you. Quickly, you brought up your knee to his groin, and as his hands let yours free, you slipped your dagger out of your sleeve. You flashed forward, and in the blink of an eye he was on the floor, unconscious, and you were back in the crowd. You decided to head straight home after going to Grillby's, where you were a regular and, well, not friends, but good acquaintances with the flaming hot barman. Literally. He was made of fire. As it approached evening, you left and changed into a more nimble black tight-top, black skinny jeans and gloves, and a black mask. You tied up your H/L, H/C hair and ventured into the night. You had a job to do.

Halfway to the place where your once-friend Cassandra (or Alyssa if your name's Cassandra) lived, you saw a few odd shapes silhouetted in the darkness. 4 shapes, three with what seemed to be fedoras, and one with a high-ponytail. You moved away slightly, not wanting a fight, but it was too late. The second smallest seemed to have spotted you. Suddenly, there was a blue glow around them and they jumped you as they appeared, suddenly, right behind you. You processed swiftly that they were, from smallest to largest, a female human, with shoulder-height hair and a black suit, that seemed to stay away from the fight, a skeleton in a dark-blue suit with a glowing blue left eye and a wide grin, a tall, blue fish-lady wearing something similar to you, with two large guns at her hip, and a tall, lanky skeleton, with an angular face and orange-maroon suit, before feeling your fighting instincts kick in. You quickly do a flip, kicking your leg up into the ponytail's face, and hitting the place where you learnt there was a pressure point on every human on the tall skeleton's neck, and as he fell to the floor, you fled. It was short-lived, as blue-eye teleported behind you and trapped you in a surprisingly strong grip, but you fell limp, looking defeated, and when you saw a space to slip away you took it, twisting out of his skeletal arms, knocking him unconscious with a dagger-hilt to the skull, and kicking the human's shin and ankles so she couldn't run away. Dashing off, having decided dealing with Cass (or Al) could wait, you ran home, alert, and almost instantly fall asleep.

(550 words)