Chapter 6

You'd been given a tour of the small HQ, and Sans had explained to you how everything worked. You kept to your group, and worked together. He'd gotten you a feminine suit and fedora like Frisk's, however yours was navy-blue and accented your female figure, while still being nimble and comfortable. You highly liked it. You convinced Sans to let you wear your usual darks under it. The gang had welcomed you, and it was time for your training. You would start by battling Frisk, to see what you could do. Having been given permission to harm but not fatally injure the others in these training courses, you readied yourself. This was gonna be fun.

First, Frisk stood up to you. You kept your hands at your sides as she walked assuredly forward, and when she was within a foot away, you swung your arms to the side, spinning her, and making her almost fall flat on her face, but just as she was going to hit the floor, you caught her, spun her around again and set her standing. She walked away.

Next came Papyrus. The tallest of the group, he was going to be the hardest to take down without props, so you charged him quickly and leaped for his head. He dodged to the side, but you'd expected that, and you used him to swing yourself round and onto his back. You jumped off him, still with two arms around his throat, but as you swung him backward, you stood, swung his arm around you, and lifted him up centimetres away from the floor. You smiled.

Undyne was next. She was the strongest and had the most stamina, but you were nimbler and faster. She was allowed to use guns to her advantage as well, to stack the odds against you. Well, screw the odds. She immediately started to pull a gun out, but you flipped and somersaulted your way to her side of the ring, moving swiftly to avoid bullets. taking a knife out, you landed behind her, and as she turned around, you leapt forward, spinning around her, with your legs firmly around her neck and one arm around her arms, behind her back, you used the legs to strangle her, and as she was starting to go red, you flipped off her back, and caught her as she fell. You felt like the scum of the earth as you helped her limp back to the rest, but you didn't apologise. You were still engrossed in the battle.

Now, the most difficult enemy. Sans. He started off by sending bone attacks your way, but you parkoured your way across them, before Sans did something you hadn't forseen - He brought out what you later learned was a Gaster Blaster. He started shooting them at you, and as you got into the flow of them, and got nearer and nearer to him, he changed the attack yet again! This time, he'd trapped you in a box, and was using G-force against you. Once you found another pattern, he changed to his original attack, which he probably hoped you'd forgotten. You hadn't. Flying along the bones, you got nearer and nearer to him, until you made a sudden move he didn't expect. Instead of choosing the obvious route, you'd chosen the most direct, one he didn't even realise was there. It was too late. One misstep was all you needed to pull his leg even more - you knelt, and offered him your long belt-knife. As he grinned, and stepped forward to take it, you took one of your swords from your back and held it to the back of his neck, pushing the dagger to the front and grabbing his arms and torso in your legs. As he stumbled and fell, you broke his fall, despite his protests. As he got back up, he gave you a hand, which you sorely needed. You'd had fun, today.

That wasn't the only training, but it was the most enjoyable, and as you shot the targets dead centre for the third time that day, you realised how much you were beginning to feel a part of the group. They trusted you with their life. You did not return the favour. You had been through too much sh*t to trust anyone, not even a hairsbreadth. Too little trust leads to bottling things up, leads to insanity. You knew this, but maybe you were too late to notice you were insane already.

(751 words)