Chapter 5

Sans' POV

So she wasn't a mute, and we could use her, if we got through to her. Nothing seemed to have worked, but if there was a way, we'd find it. I looked to the others before teleporting in, but she barely blinked. She already knew I could teleport, it seemed. No surprise, seeing as she managed to defeat me even with teleportation. She was definitely something special. "So. First things first, how old are you?" She blinked, startled. She obviously didn't expect that. Smirking, she said "Surely you know enough about me already to work that out for yourself." not a very original response, but I still wanted to know. "I may do, but the answer you give us may affect whether we keep you alive or not." No response. I caught a 'Why would I care?' look in her E/C eyes as she stared me down. "Well. You may not fear death, but how would you like to join us?" (Why did I just get Deja-vu here?) She blinked, definitely not expecting that. I felt my grin widen slightly as I practically felt the incredulous stares and glares the rest were giving me through the camera. "How do you know you can trust me, and how do I know I can trust you?" "Because we'll give you these back, in exchange for your solemn oath not to run or spill anything." She looked at them, startled, before realising we'd taken them off her. She must have had a sheath in her sleeve, so she still felt the shape of the beautiful, long knife on her arm, and more sword-like sheath on her leg. "How do you know you can trust my word?" "I know you have a good set of morals on ya'. You avoided killing us twice. That counts for something in this community."

Y/N POV

Not killing someone stood for a reason to trust someone? Anyone with morals knew it was wrong to shed blood! I said sarcastically "I guess you want to add 'not killing anyone in your group' to your list?" His grin widened, as he said "That and not to injure." I felt a small smile, almost unnoticeable, creep onto my face. He noticed. I stayed quiet for a minute, letting the atmosphere darken slightly, before bowing my head, moving from my cross-legged position to a kneeling one, and closing my eyes. "I solemnly swear, on the memories of the ones I loved, and my hands and head, that I will not leave without permission, until given free right to leave as I please, I will not say a word about you or your gang, or anyone in it, until given permission to speak about them, and I will not harm, hurt, injure or kill a member of your gang without genuine reason, until given permission to do as I wish. This I swear on my life, and should I break this oath, you have the right to destroy my soul, and take it as your own." That was the most realistic oath I could think of, and the one that would have most effect. It did.

Sans POV

Wow. Didn't think she'd actually do it. I was impressed. I couldn't think of a more solemn oath to give. She reached out her hand to take her blades, and hid them around her body. I was about to take them away before she caught my attention again, standing and reaching behind her. "By the way, you missed some." From below her arm and over her shoulder she produced two, brilliantly crafted, shining blades that couldn't be passed off as anything other than swords, long and graceful, well polished and obviously well-taken care of. I felt my eyes widen in surprise at the sharp, slim blades and the way her delicate hands held them so gently yet assuredly. Wait, what? The others gasped faintly through the microphone, and she smirked amusedly. "So. Where're we headed now, boss?"

(659 words)