Chapter 1 What Comes With Us All

The guy was bleeding on his leg. He seemed like he was the same age as me. I got up then looked around me. They were dead unlike the one earlier that was stuck on the spike.

" Why did you kill all those people? " I asked as we quickly walked out of the alley.
" They aren't people anymore. They're walkers. " He replied. Walkers? He had a gun in his hand. I was afraid to ask anymore questions. We arrived at the exit of the alley way, nothing has changed except the people weren't in their cars anymore. They've finally realized it'd be better walking. I started to walk towards the exit of the city but the guy pulled me away.

" No, dumbass. Those are walkers. " He said as he ran towards a building. I followed. I think the sign said, " Clothes Mania " But I couldn't tell we were running so fast. We ran into the building and I was right. It was a clothes store. He grabbed a blue plaid shirt and walked over to a changing room. I looked around, for a few minutes. I saw a red hoodie so I put it on. Then I grabbed some blue jeans and put them on along with it. He came out of the changing room and started putting things in his backpack.

" Bro! Don't steal! " I said.
" It's not like we're gonna get to pay. " He said. He pulled out a short knife and handed it to me.
" What am I suppose to do with this thing? " I asked. " Stab the head. " He replied.

I gripped onto it then sighed and walked out of the store. There were thousands of " walkers " out at the bridge, exiting the city. We quickly ran to one side of the city and saw no walkers. Luckily. " Let's rest. " The guy said. " Alright. What's your name? Mine is Ryan. " I asked. " It's Andrew. " He answered. I looked over at an alley way and saw a dog crying. He was bleeding. I patted my legs. " C'mere boy. " I said. He started to limp towards me but then, walkers game from the alley and surrounded him. Tearing him into pieces, bit by bit. I was shocked. I started to run toward the horde as I heard dog squeals. But Andrew pulled me back. " NO! WE GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE! " He said as he pulled me into an apartment building. It was my apartment building. We both pushed a chair up against the lobby door.

I stared at Andrew like I just saw a dog die, oh yeah.. I did. I started to walk up the stairs to my apartment as he followed. As we walked up the stairs we talked.

" What is wrong with those things? " I said. " I don't know. I just recently found out about them. They eat anything. " He said. We arrived at my apartment door and then we walked in. I just remembered I had a small M1911 in my bedside drawer. I walked into my room and pulled it out. Only 14 bullets. " Andrew, how many bullets do you have? " I asked.
" Only 4 after saving you. " He said as I took some of my bullets out of my magazine and handed them to him. He pulled out a map and examined it.

" Is Georgia the only place with this virus? " I asked. " No. It's world wide. " He replied. That means.. My parents.
" We need to get to Washington. " I said. " Look Ryan. I get it. You have someone you care for. I did too. But they're dead. We can't think about other people anymore. We have to think about ourselves. " He said. As mad as I was about it he was right. I only had enough food in my cabinet  to last us about a week. We're gonna have to find us some supplies.