Chapter 1 What Comes With Us All

I woke up in the morning hearing loud bangs. Andrew got up quickly and grabbed his gun. So did I.

" The walkers are down there. " He said. I nodded then silently opened the door. I saw a few walkers down the hall so I snuck over to them. Stab the head I kept telling myself. I pulled out my knife then stabbed it in the back of its head. The other one turned around and saw me. He reached for my arm but I moved out of the way and then stabbed him. Andrew gave me a thumbs up, as we walked down the stairs. We saw a few more walkers. They had riot gear on. I attempted to stab the head but the riot helmet deflected it. Andrew pushed the walker up against the wall and then I ripped his helmet off and stabbed it in the brain. We did the same fore the next walker.

" We should put on this armor. It'll slow us down but it'll protect us. " He said.
" Alright. " I replied. We put the armor on then slowly walked down the stairs. We arrived at the lobby........ There were thousands of walkers outside the door. The glass was about to break.

" Get out of here! " Andrew yelled as we bolted up the stairs. Before we got into my apartment Andrew said, " Get this body. " and without question I picked up the legs of the body and he got the arms. We swung the dead body into my apartment and blocked the door off with a couch. " What're we gonna do with a dead body? " I asked. " Well.. We're gonna be one of the dead bodies. " He said. I had no idea what he meant until he started to cut open one of the walkers. Ugh. Before Andrew could finish he got up and vomited. So I kneeled down to the walker and started cutting inside of it.

I sigh and then start covering myself with guts and blood over my riot gear. Andrew did the same. As soon as we finished I heard the glass break. " Okay.. Now be quiet and try to act like them. " He said as I nodded. I gripped my knife in my right hand and my gun in my left. We opened the door, and saw thousands of walkers. We walked into the crowd and continued to walk. It was terrifying. We bumped shoulders with many walkers, none of which noticed we were human. We finally arrived at the exit and then.. BANG. A sniper round went straight into my chest. But it didn't hurt as much because I had armor on.

Everything around me started to get darker.. And darker... " RYAN! RYAN! WE GOTTA GO! " is all I heard until I passed out.