Chapter 2

Peeta's POV

Nothing much happens on the last two days of school, just the same old really. I done all my homework on Friday, so I could have the weekend free to do whatever I wanted to do.

I finished the painting yesterday, I've sprayed a protective layer over the top and my mother hung it up in the hall by the front door.

Today is Saturday, and I agreed to take Eirianwen and Gwenllian out to the park. They're currently upstairs getting dressed.

"Gwen! Eira! Come on!" I shout up.

"Coming!" They shout, a door slams and they run down the stairs. [outfits up top]

Our mother brushes Eira's and lets it fall in its natural waves, tucking a bit back with a bobby pin. She puts Gwen's into a high ponytail.

They grab their back packs with their lunch in and we head off to the park.

It isn't that busy when we arrive, we go and sit under a little tree so we have a little shade but not much. I let them run off and play while I pull my sketchbook out along with pencils, coloured pencils, rubbers and a sharpener.

I was shading my first drawing, which was of the cherry blossom trees surrounding the lake, with pink pencils for the cherry blossoms when a figure came over and sat beside me.

I turn to see Mr. Everdeen again, I smile then turn back to my drawing and continuing shading.

"That's really good, are you the one that decorates the cakes at the bakery?"

I nod, lifting my head. "Yeah, it's my hobby besides baking."

"Have you done any others?" He asks.

I nod, turning the previous pages to show my other recent one in there; the beach at sunset.

"Wow, you really are talented. You should do it besides the bakery, people would pay you to paint things for them."

"Thanks," I grin. "apparently my mothers dad was a really good artist too."

"Peeta!" I hear Gwen call, followed by Eira. I put my book down as they come over.

"What's wrong?" I ask, concerned about my little sisters.

"Those girls are being mean to us," Gwen says pointing over to two of the Everdeen girls.

"Ivy, Flora!" Mr Everdeen calls his daughters who come skipping over.

"What have you been doing to these two girls?" He asks sternly.

"They were annoying us," the youngest says. She must be the same age as them.

"That doesn't give you any right to be mean to them. You could have moved away. That's very rude," he says.

They look at the floor guilty. They look up to their dad, who has a stern look on his face.

"I will not allow you to turn into rude, snotty kids because we're rich. Now cut it out. If I hear anymore from these two girls that you've been causing trouble with them, I will be taking things off you and you won't have them back."