Chapter 3

Peeta's POV

I wake up at seven am to my alarm going off. Oh yeah, it's Monday. My first day of work experience.

I go to the bathroom, having a quick shower before going back to my bedroom and picking out some black slim jeans and a red plaid shirt. I quickly style my hair and slip on some black converse then head downstairs.

Both my parents, Rye and the girls are downstairs eating their breakfast. I quickly eat my breakfast, which is just a bowl of cereal, before heading to the bakery to make a bigger than normal batch of cheese buns and cinnamon rolls.

I leave them to cool while going back to the house. I grab my wallet, phone, beats and bag before going back downstairs.

I look at the time and see its 7:52am. I turn to my parents and bid them goodbye.

"I'll see you later, I'll let you know what time I'll be finishing." They nod.

I leave the house, walking down the street to the bus stop. My bus gets here at eight o'clock.

•••

I get off the bus forty five minutes later, being the only one left on there.

"Visiting are you?" The bus driver asks.

"Oh no, I'm going on work experience there."

The bus driver looks shocked. The only time people get off at this stop is to visit. It's so far away from town so people don't have to know they exist really. "Not many people go there anyway, let alone on work experience."

I nod, "I just want to know what it's like to be there."

"Fair play to you kid,"

I get off the bus. He beeps the horn before diving off, leaving me standing on the gates of my work experience.

I press the buzzer, a screen with a persons face pops up.

"Hello? We're not open for visitors yet." The woman says.

"Oh no. I'm here for work experience, Peeta Mellark."

"Oh yes, Peeta. Come on in." She smiles.

The door unlocks and I walk in, the door locking behind me.

[FROM THIS POINT, DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS WHERE HE IS YET? Comment here!😼]

I am greeted by the same woman, she smiles warmly at me before shaking my hand.

"We have informed everyone here that were having a special visitor so they are all dressed nicer than they normally do." She explains.

I nod, she leads me to a small-ish room where there are quite a few people. You can tell just by looking at them they've all scrubbed up well for this.

"Hello guys, this is Peeta. He'll be here with us for two weeks."

There are lots of mumbles between them, they are soon stopped by someone shouting out.