Chapter 6

Peeta's POV

When I get there the next day, they have all already had breakfast. I make my way to Katniss' room and see she has her pyjamas on still, she's currently at her Yankee Candle case putting one back which was Juicy Watermelon scent and pulls out a purple one that says Wild Fig on it.

She places it on her bedside table and lights it. I make my way over and sit on her bed and she sits beside me.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I ask.

She nods, smiling a little.

We make conversation for a while, well I make conversation, she just nods and shrugs now and again.

I'm about to open my mouth to speak when the door opens, May walking in followed by Frank.

I stand, followed by Katniss who holds onto my left hand with her two small hands as she stands slightly behind me, enough to still peer around and look.

"Hey, May said I could come earlier instead." He says.

I smile and nod. I look behind me towards Katniss who's looking at him warily.

"I'd uhh, best leave you to it." I say but Katniss quickly holds my hand tighter.

I look towards her and she's looking up at me with pleading eyes. I turn around to face her and sit her on the bed with me.

I look to Frank and May who are watching. I turn back to Katniss who hasn't stopped looking at me.

"Katniss this is between you and your dad, I can't be here too. He won't hurt you I promise."

She shakes her head and hugs me tightly, her head resting on my shoulder.

"Please stay," she whispers in a raspy voice before letting go.

I try not to show my excitement that she spoke to me when I look towards Frank and May again. May nods to me, saying I can stay.

I nod to Katniss, who smiles a little and moves closer to me as her dad comes and sits down.

"You still look so beautiful. I can't believe your mother told me you were dead."

She looks to me, as if to give her advice and help her with being around him. I nod towards her, giving her confidence in whatever she wanted to do.

She smiles a little at her dad, making his smile beam. I smile at him, letting him know he's doing good.

"How have you been?"

Katniss shrugs.

"When Peeta came and told me on Monday that he had met you, I got so excited to know that my only daughter with my genetics was still alive."

She looks at him interested, as if for him to go on. He looks to me for help and I nod for him to go on.

"After you were born, your mother wanted another so after a couple of months we started trying again. After a couple of months trying your mother still wasn't pregnant, so we went to the doctors and they told me I can't have children anymore. You and your brother are the only ones that are actually mine. Prim, Ivy and Flora are from a sperm donator we picked out that has similar genetics to me so they do look like me a little."

Katniss stared at him the entire time, listening intently. When her father finished she sat there, as if she was taking it all in.

"You have a son also?" I ask Frank.

He nods, "yes, he's two years older than the both of you. He's seventeen."

•••

I left after a while as Katniss became confident around her dad again. By no means did she talk to him, but it may happen in the near future.

Right now I'm sitting around with May with a cup of tea. I decide to break the silence.

"She spoke to me earlier,"

May turns her head to look at me and smiles. "She's becoming confident with you, that's a good thing."

"I'm glad, she really deserves some happiness."

☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄

675 words

i'm back guys!

i know this was a shitty chapter, but she spoke!🙊

comment lots, ily💫

•~•

kiss me hard before you go, summertime sadness🎶