Chapter 5

Peeta's POV

I do the same routine as I've done for the past couple of days. When I get outside the gates I scan my card and they open for me.

I see May as I walk in, she walks over to me. "Can you go and wake Katniss up please? She hasn't woken yet and breakfast will be served soon."

I nod, smiling before walking down to Katniss' room. I knock and walk in to see her sleeping soundly. The smell of Lavender and Vanilla hits me, I then notice her Yankee Candle by her bed. I walk over and shake her gently, rolling her over onto her back.

When she wakes up, she sits up slowly and I jump back in shock that she's only in a sports bra on her top half. I turn away quickly.

"Shit. I'm sorry Katniss. I wasn't expecting you to just be wearing a sports bra."

I hear movements for a minute, my hands get moved from my eyes and I see Katniss standing in front of me. She now has a loose Nike top on over the top of her sports bra, she has Calvin Klein pyjama pants on and her hair is in a messy bun.

She smiles softly at me before letting go of my hands and walking towards her door.

Being here for the past three days; today being my forth day, and being with Katniss the entire time we've been able to become more comfortable with one another. She still hasn't spoken to me yet, but I don't expect her to. Compared to my first day, she does interact and smile a little more but not much.

We reach the dining room, everyone is seated waiting for breakfast to be served. Katniss walks over and takes a seat next to Johanna. They exchange a brief smile and nod.

I decide to go over and stand next to May, she smiles at me.

"Katniss seems to be doing well with you,"

I nod, "we're getting there. I know her family, they're quite rich."

"They are. Which is why I don't know why her mother out her in here."

"Her father didn't know she was here. Her mother told him she died. She's their only daughter with his genetics. All the other girls are from a sperm donator as he cant have children anymore."

"Really?"

I nod. "He was away working when her mother got in the car crash with her. When he came back she'd already brought Katniss here so she told him she died."

"How do you know all this?"

"I was talking to her father after leaving here on Monday. He now knows she's alive. He wanted to come in to see her on Tuesday but I told him not to yet."

"He can come visit if he was wants! It may be good for her to see a family member."

I nod. "I'll talk to her and let him know. I'll see if he can come tomorrow."

"Okay. Now off you go, I think someone's looking for you."

I look away from May to see Katniss is standing and looking around the room for me. I look back to May, smiling before walking over to Katniss. She gives me a small smile before walking back to her room.