April Fool

NO APRIL FOOL CELEBRATION FOR MUSLIMS,. DO NOT LIE AND CHEAT OTHERS

Don't be a fool by participating in April's fool. it is based on deception and lies, both of which are completely forbidden in Islam. The Prophet (pbuh) informed us that whoever cheats us is not a true Muslim, and whoever lies to make people laugh is cursed.

Islamic viewpoint:

Our religion's stance is crystal clear. We will focus on the following points, which are sufficient for you to stop having anything to do with this day:

1. Lying – even as a joke:

It was narrated that Mu'aawiyah ibn Haydah said: "I heard the Prophet SAWS say:

'Woe to the one who tell lies to make the people laugh, woe to him, woe to him.'"

2. Scaring others:

'Abd al-Rahman ibn Abi Laylaa said: the companions of the Messenger of AllahSAWS told us that they were traveling with the Messenger of Allah SAWS. A man among them fell asleep and some of them went and took his arrows. When the man woke up, he got alarmed (because his arrows were missing) and the people laughed. The Prophet SAWSsaid, "What are you laughing at?" They said, "Nothing, except that we took the arrows and he got alarmed." The Messenger of Allah SAWS said: "It is not permissible for a Muslim to frighten another Muslim."

3. Promoting the habit of lying in our children:

This is not a trivial matter, rather the fuss made over it is genuine. Why you ask? Because these little things leave a deep and long lasting effect on the minds of our children. They learn it is OK to lie, cause pain and frighten others. Needless to mention, our religion looks down upon all such practices, whether done in jest or otherwise.

Allowing the children to play such pranks on one hand, and advising them to be truthful, honest and kind on the other would confuse them. Also, it is essential to note that children emulate what they see rather than what they hear. And we don't want them to grow up to be liars. So no compromises here.

The Messenger of Allah SAWS said:

'Whoever says to child, 'Come here and take this,' then does not give him something, this is counted as a lie.'"

Bottom line:

So after knowing the Islamic stance and the disasters that this fooling around can lead to, either we love this day or hate it. Either we are a part of it or we leave it. Maybe you're one of them who has been fooled your entire life into believing that April Fools day is actually OK and even fun. It's not.

"O you who believe! Fear Allah SWT, and be with those who are true (in words and deeds)"