Heartbreak

Heartbreak is something we all have to deal with at some point in our lives, whether it's a relationship that fell apart, a job we didn't get, or the passing of a loved one, dealing with our inner emotions can be a grueling journey. During my life I have been fortunate enough to experience heartbreak, and I say fortunate enough in high part due to the lessons I learned along the way that have been a source of constant strength for me, my wife, my children, and the friends and family dearest to me. So here are the five lessons I learned from heartbreak.

The ability to move on.
You learn to do everything you can to get past the pain, whether it's crying, praying, or talking to others. You learn what is takes to pick yourself back up and keep moving forward.

Your true strength
Going through heartbreak will test every piece of you, physically, spiritually, and emotionally. You feel drained and alone. Then something remarkable happens, you awaken someone inside you that you never knew existed. You see as one part of you felt weak another part of you was growing stronger, and every day you battled heartbreak your mind, body, and soul was preparing itself for the journey ahead.

Who is important in your life.
Your personal issues can have a heavy impact on the people you love. For some it might be too much to handle, for others they are always by your side, they make you understand that you don't have to fight your battles alone. They are the important people in your life.

There is something better waiting.
Heartbreak will teach you to believe that everything happens for a reason. It teaches you to believe that things didn't work out because there's something better out there waiting for you. When you truly believe that, your words, your actions, your feelings, and the world around you all work in beautiful harmony to make those things come true.

Appreciation.
For all the things that go wrong in life you learn lessons from them, and one of the most important is that just because one thing has gone wrong doesn't make everything in your life wrong. You start to see the good things in your life whether they are friends and family, a great job, your heath, or financial stability. You realize that happiness is appreciating your blessings, rather than focusing on the one thing that is causing you the pain.

If heartbreak comes your way I pray that you find the strength to move forward and grow stronger. I truly believe that when the human spirit wants to overcome anything life throws our way the energy of everything and everyone around us comes together to help us realize everything we have to live for. Hold on.