Chapter 2

As I walked behind my mom I thought about what she said about me living on the street. Sincerely, it wasn't such a bad idea, at least I wouldn't have to deal with all the pressure she puts on me. After she got what she wanted, she just ignores me all the time.

Sometimes she behaves like I don't exist. The only thing she cares about is what her friends think about her and how she can impress them. To hide her real life of misery she, always throw parties and give free treatment at her spa.

Since my dad passed away six years ago things just changed, everyone started to live their own lives, my mom and her friends, my brother Declan and his friends too.

Well me and my bizarre life hardly having any close friends since I lost my best friend. We lived together but in our own different worlds.

"Patty, this is my daughter, Melody," my mom says and push me slightly towards the lady. She was elegant wearing a long purple gown, and her brown eyes reflected in her light brown hair.

Guess she is the lady my mom talked so much about, she was pretty young for her age if really she was my mom's classmate.

"Hello Melody, you look so much like your mom," she said cheerfully as she held my cheek and planted a peck on it and continued "look at those blue eyes"

Not so bad. I thought to myself.
She turned and introduced me to her kids, one little girl named DeAngela, one teenage guy around my age Sebastian and the eldest Henry, he looked familiar but I couldn't remember where I saw him.

DeAngela and Sebastian had their mom's light brown hair whilst Henry had black hair, grey eyes with a perfect chiselled jaw.

After the introduction Patty, as my mom calls her, continued to ask me questions about school, friends and other stuff. After which Sebastian offered to show me around the house.

"There are four bedrooms here, one for each person," Sebastian said as we started the tour.

"Huge bedrooms bigger than my whole house," I said to myself as I walked beside him.

"There is the kitchen." He as he pointed it, lazily.

"Who designed it?" I asked him.

"My mom," he answered simply, as we continued.

The house was full of designer coloured walls with blinds which makes for a cozy home.

There were 4 large bedrooms and a loft upstairs that Sebastian said is their family room.

The master bedroom had an extra large bathroom with a huge closet. That belongs to their mom.

"How will your mom feel about us entering her room?" I asked after we exited the room.

"She can't be bothered about something she doesn't know about." He said and with that, we proceeded.

There were oversized, two car garage with alley access. The front yard has abundant greenscape, which actually caught my attention when I first got here.

We walked around from the pool beside the house, the large furnished kitchen smelling nice with different kinds of food, the garden and then came back to the Hall downstairs. Our walk wasn't that exciting but it wasn't that bad.

Walking back to the hall I saw the painting and stood to look at it again.

"Nice painting, I love art," I say smiling at Sebastian.

"My dad painted it to remind married couples about how long relationships can last," he said with a weak smile on his face.

"I don't really see much," I say hoping he will disclose more about the painting.

"Let's go," he said and headed back to the hall. The expression on his face looked like he didn't like talking about that so I just followed him, silently.

We went back to the hall and Sebastian offered to go for drinks for the two of us while I sat and looked around.

I saw my mom talking to some people, thinking about what she is telling them.

"Hey...." a voice said behind me and I turned to see Henry staring at me with a perfect smile on his face. "Are you enjoying the party?" he continued to ask.

"Yes, I guess." I stammered a little feeling uncomfortable as he sat beside me with a beer in his hand."Your mom doesn't mind you drinking that at her party?" I ask pointing at the beer in his hand.

"Not really, I mean she hasn't seen it and also I am not a little boy," he said with a smirk on his face.

"OK."

"You know my friends and I will be going to look around some places around town this weekend and I would like for you to join us. You are gonna have fun if you come with us," he told me.

"I don't know....uhm can I come with a friend?" I asked.

"As long as is not a guy other than your boyfriend, you are dating, right? We don't want any scandal," he said sarcastically as he took a swing at his beer.

I always felt silly when people asked me that question, at seventeen years old I haven't ever had a serious affair with anyone, just some silly flings with three guys which weren't that pleasant. But in this case, I knew he was just joking.

"Firstly, I'm not dating and secondly I was referring to a female friend, okay." I retorted with a firm voice.

"Okay, things are clear now." he smiled and got up and stood behind me and whispered. "Hope your friend is as beautiful as you. Having to look at you all day is a tour on it own, but two of you will just be heavenly." I felt a chill shoot through my spine, as we both laughed.

I looked up at him blushing as he winked and walked away.

#

We left the party around 7 pm but after Henry left I didn't see him again, I sat and talked with Sebastian for awhile. He said he will also be going to the outing and offered to pick me up.

For the first time in my life, I finally enjoyed one of my mom's parties, even though I couldn't get Henry out of my mind. I slept feeling relaxed after a hot bath. Things couldn't have gotten any better when my mom came to say goodnight before she went to bed.

Guess she was happy, she hardly did that even when I was little, it was always my dad cuddling me to bed.

It had been a while since I slept peacefully without any thoughts of how my life had been bizarre and sad.

PLEASE COMMENT

VOTE

SHARE

*Dekeziah