Chapter 6

#Picture of Melody's bag above.

Melody's POV

Having to leave your past behind is one of the hardest things to do especially when you have to leave all your loved ones behind.

When my mom told me that she was fed up with all the things people said to her back in Hamilton and that she wants to start a new life so we were moving to California, I thought she was joking.

The day everyone came to say their goodbyes to us at the airport, I felt like my heart had been ripped out of me and I was leaving my home, my life and all my family and friends with an empty body.

Learning how to deal with it was also hard, I just felt like there is no use trying to be happy. I gave up a lot of things so I had to bear the consequence, loneliness. This morning just reminds me of everything.

I woke up to see my mom in the kitchen making a call and she totally ignored me and left, Declan wasn't home and I was tired of doing the same thing every day.

My mom came to my room and dropped a new credit card on my table as she was on the phone still talking before she left.

I am home alone and the only thing I could think about was the party. The doorbell rang and I headed for the door lazily, I opened the door to see an all familiar face.

"Ashley, what are you doing here? l asked looking at her but she just grinned and I ushered her inside.

"I'm really sorry about the other day, it is just that I didn't want to go home we were having so much fun. And I guess I was a little selfish, I should have stayed with you not just bail on you like that and I'm so sorry." She told me as she stood in front of me.

"No, you shouldn't say that I shouldn't have asked you to go home with me, I was also a little selfish there," I said and pulled her into a tight hug as she hugged me back.

"I still feel a little guilty so to make it up to you I bought a movie and some freshly baked cookies my mom made.

"Your mom's cookies can fix every problem," I told her as we both laughed.

"What movie is that," I asked sitting beside her.

"The Fault In Our Stars, I know you like comedy movies but this one is really good," she answered sliding in the CD.

"Ok, let us watch but no spoilers" I warned as the movie started.

When the movie ended I had cried so much that my eyes were all puffy. I loved the movie but I don't think I can watch it again, it is too depressing.

Ashley left saying she had something important to do tonight so I just decided not to tell her about the party.

*~*~~*~~~*

I decided to go for a long sleeves top with some denim shorts and matched it with my favourite bag, the Chanel Rainbow Flap bag.
My mom bought it for me a year ago, this was the only thing she bought for me that I was so happy about.

Declan called to tell me he had to help with the party arrangement so he will send a friend home to pick me up at 6 pm.

At 5:55 I was in Declan's friends' car going to the party. He said his name was Tyler, he had dark hair with small eyes.

"Are you Chinese? " I asked him as he drove.
"No." He answered simply but his eyes remained on the road.

"Korean, or Japanese? " I asked again trying to get his attention.