Chapter 3

Melody's POV

I called Ashley and told her about the outing and she said she would love to come on Saturday morning so that we wait for Sebastian together. I have never gotten along well with my mom's friend's kids, but am hoping this goes on well. So far Sebastian and Henry have been really nice to me so am not scared of getting close to them.

After all, I have been too idle lately so it's about time to try new things.

When school breaks I make great use of my mornings. I mean I always wake up at 6 am and get ready for school when school is on. So making good use of my mornings' means, I sleep in till 10 am, grab breakfast when I wake up, watch a new movie until noon, and then sleep some more.

So far, it has been going on well without any disturbance.

Mom always goes jogging or goes to the gym every morning to work out.

Declan is home on vacation but he always attends parties and come home at midnight so he wakes up maybe around noon or I sometimes don't see him at all.

Today is one of those days I check the time and it is 10:17, I go brush my teeth and take a shower. I put on a pair of jeans trousers and a white shirt.

I got downstairs but realized there is something weird going on because I could smell the aroma of food coming from the kitchen. It obviously isn't my mom because she has stopped cooking for a while. But I got much surprised when I see Declan busily cooking, he didn't even hear or see me enter.

"Dec, what are you doing?" I asked. I mean I know what he is doing but I still gotta ask.

"I am cooking. I thought you would be hungry when you woke up so since you can't prepare your own meals I decided to cook something for you," he said turning slightly at me.

"That is really nice of you, but I can cook by the way. All the same, I would like to taste that burnt egg you are cooking." I say sarcastically.

"I know mom never thought you how to cook. I have a personal chef who teaches me a thing or two about food so it's time you have a taste of it," he says and urges me to set the table. In just a minute the dining table was set with Bacon, eggs, cheese sandwiches and hot chocolate drink.

"So who is that personal chef of yours. Will it happen to be a girl?" I asked raising an eyebrow as I dig into my sandwich. It was really good.

"Yes, it a girl and you will meet her one day," he says and starts to eat. There was silence till we finished eating and started washing the dishes together.

I heard a buzz on my phone and checked to see a message from Sebastian.

I will pick you up at 10 am tomorrow, and we won't be back till evening so ask your mom first.

What is up with him with "ask your mom." My mom doesn't even care.

"So that will not happen to be the guy you are screwing around with?" Declan asks cutting me out of my thoughts

"No, it is not the guy I am screwing around with because there is no guy," I say smiling gently at him.

"So are you saying you are not dating anyone?" He asks, raising an eyebrow suspiciously.

"Mhhhm, yeah"

"Well the Melody I know doesn't really like being single for long that's all," he says and holds my hand and urges me to the hall.