Chapter 9

I don't know whether I was too early or Henry was the one who was late but I was feeling very nervous. A few people were around busily doing their own stuff.

"Cotton candy!?" Henry said behind me handing me a cotton candy in his hand.

"You are late" I replied.

"No I'm not, come on and take the candy," he said and handed me the cotton candy.

"Okay," I said and took the candy.
"Now what do you want to talk about" I continued.

"Here, let's sit; are you in a hurry?" he asked urging me to sit beside him on a bench close by.

"No, not really," I said.

"Okay, I will go straight to the point anyway, because I don't want to waste your time".

"Mmhmm," I said eating the candy.

"I'm going back to College next week, and I kinda realized something, which made me a little bit confused," he said looking at my face.

"What did you realize?" I asked.

"Well I realized that I really really like you, Melody Faith Johnson," he said

"Uhmm; how do you know my full name?"

"What? Is that all you have to say?" He retorted.

"Well, what should I say?" I replied.

"Well, like I also I like you," he told me.

"You said you are going back to College, so does it really matter if I also like you," I said.

"We could work something out, only if you want"

"I don't really know...Henry. This sought of things never works out and I'm saying that out of experience"

"I know but we could just stay in touch and see where the world takes us," he said.

"Okay"

"But then I will go back to school, and if I forget about you then fine." He told me.

"What if you are not able to forget about me, what then?" I asked.

"Then I will surely come back for you, and then you will have to say yes, okay?"

"Yeah, I will surely say yes then". I replied "But then you shouldn't forget about me intentionally, okay.

"Okay"

"Back to how you know my full name?" I asked widening my eyes a little.

"Your friend, Ashley, told me." He replied.

"You talked about me behind my back, with my friends?"

"No, I just asked her some questions, it isn't like she revealed some big secrets about you".

"Okay if you say"

"Do you have some big secret that I should know about?" He asked.

"Like what" I replied.

"Like you are an alien or you are already married. It will surely break my heart " he said.

"You know secrets are meant to be kept," I told him.

"I get it" he replied.

"So have you already chosen the College you will be going"

"No, not yet"

"Why not?" He asked.

"I am kinda finding it hard to choose between going with my brother and staying here with my mom". I told him.

"I think you should go with your brother"

"Why, you don't even know him that well"

"Well firstly, you are not a kid anymore so you don't have to always be beside your mom. You should go out there and explore the world," he told me.

"I don't know about that, but my brother has a life there and I don't want to be lonely there if my brother is out hanging with his friends"

"You will never be lonely Melody, you will make new friends and also....." he stopped.

"Also what?" I asked.

"I'm also there," he said.

"What?" I said in a low yell.

"Ok, yesterday I found out a lot of stuff about you from your friend, and one of those things is that your brother and I are in the same University"

"Gosh, Ashley sure does talk a lot," I told him.

"It is not her fault, she just couldn't resist my charm and I asked a lot of questions," he told me.

I swear this guy is something else.

"If you want to know something about me next time just ask me and I will tell you.

"Ok"

"So when you talked about us having something you knew about my brother and the university," I asked.

"Yh I knew but does it matter. I just wanted to tell you what I felt but you know what forget what I said ok"

"Ok", I said and smiled at him.
****************************************************************************

Today is one of those days that time passes by without you knowing.
I got home around 2 pm, and fortunately for me, my mom wasn't around. But Declan was home, he was watching a movie in the hall.

"New Year's Eve, I love this movie," I said and sat beside him.

"Yeah, I know you love it. You have watched it like five times since I came back home, why do you even love it. It is just like every other Christmas movie" he said.

"No it isn't, it is about new year's eve and also Zac Efron is in it, I love him" I replied.

"Okay, that's enough I don't want to hear more about that. Where did you go?" He asked.

"I went out with a friend"

"Which friend do you have here other than Ashley," he asked.

"How do you know I wasn't with Ashley"

"Because she was here looking for you," he told me.

"What did she want? I will go to my room and call her"

"About the friend you were with...."

"I will be in my room...byeee," I said and run up the stairs avoiding my brother's question.

I went to my room and lied on my bed on my back, and then I started to think about Henry. Just because we almost kissed once doesn't mean we should date.

I mean he was really nice and he is also extremely hot but I'm pretty sure he has a college girlfriend. I'm not going to allow myself to get fooled.

I actually like him a lot though, he is straightforward and he also gives me the butterflies in my belly.

If I could have a boyfriend like that, I could actually try and be happy.

But i was a little angry he confessed his feelings and retracted it like it was nothing.

I couldn't even say anything about how I felt too.

****************************************************************************

Please remember to

Like

Comment and

Vote.

♥♥♥♥Dekeziah.