Chapter 14

I was stuck like glue, and from the look on his face, he looked quite surprised too.

He casually said Hi as he smiles at me.

“I thought you were in school?” I asked him but he looked like he didn’t want to talk about it.

“I am taking some time off for a for some personal reasons”, he said after he looked at me mouthing ‘You look great'.

“Thanks, uhmm so what are you doing around here”, trying not to sound intuitive but I was so eager to find out what was really going on.

“Just looking around to see if I could find a job,” he breathes in heavily like something was weighing on him but he couldn’t talk about.

I remembered my mom wanted me home so I told him and as I was living he asked if I could give him a ride.

I was just imagining how awkward it was that he will ask that, just a few weeks ago I wanted to forget I ever met him and I am giving him a ride home.

He asked if we could hang out tomorrow if I was free and I was stupid enough to say yes. Like I completely forgot what happened between us.

I told him to get some sleep since he looked tired and he answered “I think I can now sleep now that we talked again,” before getting down.

What is happening? I thought he didn’t have any feelings for me. My brain just kept wondering every possible explanation that could help me answer those questions.

But then again he could be playing me again, the thought of that scared me and for some reason my mind was at ease.

I guess knowing is better than expecting something good to happen between us. I wish I could tell that to my heart as I felt a tense feeling in my heart.

I guess it not that easy to get over someone.

I got home and entered the house to see my mom sitting with a bottle of red wine beside her.

I yelled ‘I am home” as she sat abruptly, I think she was dozing off.

“Where were you young lady,” she asked she got up to where I was standing.

“You know where I was mom”, I told her as she tried to scold me.

I just told her I was tired and went up to my room, she didn’t say anything else as she went back to her seat.

**********
I woke up to my phone buzzing as I checked to see Sebastian calling.

I answered before I could think about the reason he was calling only to hear Henry’s voice on the line.

“Did I wake you?” he asked as if knowing I was still in bed but of course I wasn’t going to admit I was still in bed after 10:00 am.

“No, I am doing my morning exercise”’ I lied as I woke up abruptly to check through the window to see if he was outside waiting for me.

He asked what time we should meet as we both agreed to meet at noon at a Café in town.

I told myself not to expect too much but my mind kept imagining the wildest things as my heart began to get swayed.

It is better to love and get your heart broken than to not love at all, I thought to myself on my way to the Café.

He wore a green shirt with a pair of denim pants, he looked like he didn’t put that much effort into what he was wearing like before.

I sat across from him as we both ordered drinks, he looked rested a bit normal than yesterday and for some reason, I couldn’t help myself as I smiled brightly looking at him.

“You know you are quite hard to read right?” He looked at me as I couldn’t figure out what he was talking about.

“Sometimes you look like you have the entire universe resting on your shoulders and other times you look like nothing in this world could bother you,” He continued as I tried to ask what he was talking about.

I figured he was talking about my expressions as I told him I couldn’t even explain the kind of person I am even to myself.

“I talked to my brother and he said he was writing his exams so I just assumed you were writing yours too?” I asked, as the expression on his face changed.

He tried forcing a smile but failed miserably.

“Yeah, I kind of messed up hard and got myself suspended so now I might have to repeat the semester”. He told me effortlessly.

“My mom is pissed so she kind of took everything I own including my car, my phone, laptop and everything else. I can’t even get angry since it is my fault anyway.” He chuckled.

“So what are you going to do now?”

“Get a job since I have no money and study to catch up on things. Will you help me?” he asked like there was actually something I could do.

I agreed even though I knew there was practically nothing I could do to help but I just wanted to hang out with him as much as possible.

We talked about the kind of job he wanted and what times we could hang out when we weren’t busy with work and school.

The next few weeks passed by so quickly, Henry got a job and I ended spending every single day with him after school.

All the feelings I had for him resurfaced as he felt like a new person, a better person, someone I could fall for without getting scared.

I didn’t quite know how he felt about me but I didn’t care one bit, the only thing I cared about was how happy he made me and that was all that mattered to me.

****************************************************************************

Please don't forget to

Comment

Vote and

Share if you loved it.