♒ 09: Swim Club

Chapter 09

Akira's first day on school actually went pretty well. Yes, she is quite sarcastic but I'm surprised that she only got sent out of the classroom two times due to her sarcastic remarks to the teacher. I was actually expecting that she will be sent out by almost all the teachers but only two lost their patience. Hmm. Not bad.

"Makoto. I'm going to the pool now. Just go there when you're finished." Haru said.

"Sure, sure." I replied, and Haru immediately went to the pool. That boy sure loves the water.

"Hey, Makoto. What are we supposed to do after all the lessons are done? Where are the other students going?" Akira asked me while I was packing my things.

"Uh, they either go home or do some stuff for their respective clubs." I explained.

"Oh. So that's how the system goes in this school stuff." She said while rubbing her chin.

"Did you not experience this in your past school year? I'm sure you went to class once or twice."

"Well…no. I'm actually homeschooled because my parents said that they don't want some kid to be a bad influence to me. So my life was just home, school, home, school. But when I rebelled against them they just enrolled me here but I'm not really in the mood to go to school that's why I just caused ruckus throughout the town."

Even though she said it like she didn't really care, I felt a little sad because it feels like she didn't have any chance to have a real childhood. It's almost like she's just starting her life today. That's why I thought of a good idea.

"Akira, we're going to do club activities today. Want to join? Though I'm not really sure if there's a spot for a girl but…you know, just so that you would know what it feels like to do club activities." I asked sheepishly.

"Sure!" she said, a little too enthusiastic if I might add. I swear that I could also see some glint in her eyes when I asked her to join us for Club Activities.

"Come on, let's now go to your first club activity!"

And with that. we made our way to the pool.

* * *

"Tadaaaaa! Here we are!" I said to Akira as we arrived at the pool.

She just looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Wait. What? THE POOL? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!"

"Huh? Why?"

"It's be—" she started to talk but before she could even finish her sentence, Kou ran up to us and said, "Akira?! You study here?!"

Akira swiftly turned to her direction and said, "Gou?! I mean— Kou?! Oh God. I missed you so much!" Akira hugged Kou and then talked quickly like they actually they're about to tell a million stories.

"Um. I don't want to ruin your little reunion but, you guys know each other?" I asked.

Kou looked at me and said, "Akira is actually my brother's —" before Kou could finish her sentence, Akira covered her mouth with her hand and said, "It's a very loooooong story. You don't need to know."

"Uh…okay?" I said. But I really smell something fishy. What's with her and Rin?

It seems that she doesn't want to tell it to me now so maybe I'll just ask her some other time.

Nagisa suddenly appeared out of the locker room, wearing only his swim wear. "Hello! Who's the new girl?"

"Based on my observation, I think she is Makoto's new girlfriend. Though she doesn't look like the typical one the Makoto loves." Rei commented.

"Eh? Well, I'm not Makoto's girlfriend because I'm waaay far than those goody-two-shoes, I'm Akira Yamaguchi. Nice to meet you Megane-kun and Shota-chan."

"Wait. I'm REI! Not Megane-kun!" Rei complained.

"Whatever."

"So, are you going to join our club?" Nagisa asked, not minding what Akira just called him.

"No."

"What?! Why?!" I asked a little louder  than I intended.

"I hate water."

Uh-oh. I immediately knew that wasn't a very good thing to say especially when Haru is around. Haru loves water and that answer is unacceptable.

"What…did…you…say…?" Haru said through clench teeth.

Before these two can get into a fight, I decided to get into the middle of this and said, "Wait Haru! Maybe it's just because she didn't get to enjoy swimming when she was a child," I looked at Akira and said, "Why not try it now? I'll teach you if you want."

"No thanks! I'm going to…uh…somewhere now! Bye." And when Akira opened the door, she stopped dead on her tracks when she saw someone on the door staring straight at her.

"Wh—"

09: End

Finished: 9:17 PM 10/22/2013

To those who patiently waited, Thank you :D