♒ 11: Truth

Chapter 11

"Is she going to be okay, Nurse?"

"Don't worry. She only has a mild concussion and it should heal if given enough time to rest. I have some urgent matters to attend to, that's why I'll leave you now with your girlfriend. Look after her, okay?" The nurse said with a smile.

Before I could protest about the girlfriend part, the nurse already left the room. Leaving me and Akira alone in this huge hospital room.

I sighed and sat on the chair next to the hospital bed and stared at Akira's face. She looks so innocent when she's sleeping, it's like her wild side didn't even exist.

All of a sudden, I found myself placing feather light touches on Akira's cheek. They look so puffy that I had this urge to pinch them.

"Teehee. I didn't know that you had this cute side, Akira." I said to no one in particular. It's a good thing that Akira is asleep or else she'll just tease me again for saying those words.

The door suddenly opened and I immediately pulled my hand back. I looked at the door and saw a middle-aged couple wearing formal clothes.

"I-Is Akira okay?" The woman said as she approached me.

"The nurse said that she'll be okay after some rest." I smiled reassuringly.

The woman sighed with relief and said, "Thank goodness that nothing serious happened to Akira!"

I gave a polite smile. The man offered his hand for a handshake and said, "You must be Makoto. We're Akira's parents. Nice to meet you."

I shook his hand and said, "Nice to meet you too, sir."

Even if I just met them a while ago, I already noticed that Yuuki has the same demeanor as his father. Just being close to them makes you feel their superiority.

I stood up from the chair and said, "I suppose I should take my leave now, so that you could both spend some time with Akira."

I bowed but before I could make my way for the door, Akira's father stopped me. "No, feel free to stay here. We're going to leave in a few minutes anyway."

That caught me by surprise. "You're leaving already? No offense sir, but you just got here and I think that Akira would be really happy to see the both of you when she wakes up."

Akira's father glared at me, making me feel that I'm not in the position to talk to him like that. "Hey kid, look, we have a very important party to attend. And Akira with a mild concussion is the least of our worries right now. You said she'll be fine after some rest so there's no reason for us to stay any longer."

I admit, I was taken aback by his statement. "H-How could you say those things? It doesn't matter how serious it is, you need to be there when a family member is in trouble. How could you be so cold to your own daughter?"

His glare more intense. "She's not even our real daughter," he spat, "We'll be taking our leave now."

And without another word, they both left the room.

Akira is not their…daughter?

11: End

Finished: 12:35 PM, 5/5/2014

Heyyyy! I decided to update in short chapters like this so that I'll be able to update more often. I think this is better than making looooong chapters (Because they require much more time ;A;)  The story is starting to develop now. And many of you are asking about Akira and Rin's relationship...well you'll find out in the future chapters ;)

Ps. Want a dedication? Just tell me :)