Moving Forward

"I need to tell you that...You dont need to take pity on me.
"Pity?"
He gave me a puzzled look.
"You... You and I both know we have nothing but a friendship. But... You pity me for wasting my feelings on you."
I waited to see if he would justify his actions and argue back about what I had said, but he didnt to my surprise.
"You ask me to dance. You kiss me... Sasuke , this is cruel... I dont want to be treated like a child who knows no better."
"Sakura"
"No Sasuke.! You need to hear me out... I spend so much time in my past trying to earn your love. I spend these years alone... Hoping you would come back and take me as yours... I didnt want another man to touch me. I didnt want anyone else's affection. I only wanted you... and yet to this day, you torture me... You know you feel nothing for me, yet you do things to make me feel as if I should have hope... When you hold nothing for me in your heart... I want you to quit doing such things. If a friendship is all we have, let it be. But... do not be so cruel as to take pity on me Sasuke... I am NOT a helpless fangirl anymore."
I hadn't realized I was crying... I stood up and was about to leave when...
"Sakura... Hear me out."
I stopped and turned around to a now standing Sasuke.
"I do not pity you. I see you as a teammate and nothing more."
I was mad... He said this plenty of times, why must he repeat it and make my heart sting all over again?
"But... I also see you as someone who cares for me."
I blinked in confusion , what? What was he saying?
"I see a woman now... You have grown into a strong woman. All you have ever done is care for me, and I acknowledge that Sakura. I feel as though, if dancing with you could pay back even the slightest of your kindness, I could do that. As for love though? I can not feel such emotions, and I doubt I ever will... for that, I am sorry."
"Sasuke. You do not owe me anything... and just you being back in the village is enough to make me happy..."
Sasuke grabbed my hand and kissed it , causing me to turn a crimson red at the moment.
"Sakura , thank you."
"For.?"
"Never giving up on me."
With that, he began to walk away, leaving me to my thoughts.