Chapter Six

{So sorrrrrry for not updating yesterday! I completely forgot. I hope this chapter makes up for it!}

You shot up in bed, your head instantly whipped to the side and you looked at Sinbad, who just laughed at your panicked expression.

"It's okay, (y/n). It's just a festival starting. It's Ja'Far's birthday. You just heard some fireworks going off."

You sighed in relief and sat up in bed. You stood up and began walking to the door.

"And where do you think you're going, (y/n)?"

"Out. I'm gonna find Ja'Far and make things right."

You began walking out to the festival in hopes of finding Ja'Far. You eventually found him drinking with Sharrkan. You sat next to Ja'Far on the bench. He noticed you and smiled slightly. Sharrkan just gave you a nasty glare.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you still be locked up in handcuffs?"

Sharrkan spat at you.

"Relax. Sinbad took them off of me."

Sharrkan did a spit take.

"WHAT?? WHY!?"

Ja'Far just casually sipped on his wine while watching you two bicker. He giggled a little and put a hand on Sharrkan's shoulder.

"Do me a favor and shut up, okay?"

Ja'Far said while handing you a glass of wine.

"She was only trying to protect her little sister."

You couldn't believe that Ja'Far was actually sticking up to you. You sipped on the wine while nodding.

"Except, she isn't my sister. She's just...a little girl that I've been taking care of."

You said as you saw one of the maids carrying May inside. You smiled slightly at May's sleeping face.

Sharrkan sighed. "Sorry, (y/n). We just...thought you really meant to kill Ja'Far."

"Sorry...."

Sharrkan laughed and shook his head.

"You need to learn to accept apologies."

You whined like a little child. Again, Ja'Far just sat back and sipped his wine. He noticed a young lady walk up to him. She held out her hand to Ja'Far.

"Would you like to dance?"

She asked. Ja'Far nodded and took her hand, gliding gracefully over to the dance floor. You glared at the girl while Yamraiha sat next to you with her own glass of wine.

"Someone looks jealous...~"

You nearly did a spit take on your wine.

"W-What?! No! I-I'm not jealous...."

Your face flushed red as Sharrkan just laughed at you. He pulled you up from your seat after setting both of your glasses down.

"Come on, (y/n)! Let's dance!"

You, having no say in the matter,  laughed as Sharrkan dragged you into dancing. The rest of the evening was spent with you and your friends laughing about nearly everything..... And Aladdin accidentally smashing Ja'Far's face into his cake.....