Chapter 12

Bellerophone was miserable.  It had been three months since he'd left Megaera in the forest.  He had all that he ever wished for, but he wasn't happy.  Isabelle loved him, but Bellerophone knew that it was fake.  He was just about out of the powder that Megaera had given him.  He had yet to give Isabelle the trinket that would seal her love for him. 

Stewart found Bellerophone in the stables.  Bellerophone looked up from grooming his horse.  Stewart was quiet as he stepped up next to Bellerophone.  He looked nervously at Erebus, but didn't back away.  Erebus snorted at Stewart which caused Stewart to jump.  Bellerophone waited for Stewart to speak.

"What are you going to do?"

Bellerophone sighed as he finished grooming Erebus.  "I don't know Stewart.  I'm not as happy as I thought I would be."

"Have you thought of going back to Megaera?"

"Aye."

Stewart studied Bellerophone before he spoke the words that Bellerophone feared.  "You're afraid that she'll turn you down."

"Aye.  I wish I had realized that I had feelings for Megaera before I left.  I think I hid my feelings because I had been so set on winning Isabelle's love, but now I know that I can never gain her love."

Stewart dropped a bag that he was carrying to the stable floor.  "I packed things for your journey."

Bellerophone clapped Stewart on the shoulder.  "You are a good friend."

Stewart laughed.  "I just now you to well."

Erebus nickered as Bellerophone saddled him.  Bellerophone led Erebus to the stable doors before he mounted him.  Stewart slapped him on the leg as Bellerophone kicked Erebus into a trot.  Dusk was falling as Bellerophone started out.  He planned on riding through the night if he possibly could.  He wanted to get to Megaera as fast as he could.    All he could hope for was that he could find Megaera and that she would accept his love.