{5} Younger Brother

~Wednesday, September 12th~

It is lunch time. I decide to not hang around the cafeteria today, I'm not feeling up to it. I stand by my locker, listening to music with my black earbuds.

Not many people are wandering around in the hallway, so I am grateful for that.

I stay like this for a while, just listening to music.

Of course, my music is interrupted.

"Zane? Why are you out here?" Aphmau asks.

I shrug, "Don't feel like going to the cafeteria."

"Aphmau, you coming?" We hear someone call out to her. I look behind Aphmau, and she turns around.

There is three girls, the Junior Katelyn, and two Sophomores, Kawaii~chan and Nicole. The two are in my homeroom.

Aphmau nods, "I'm coming, just a second!"

She turns back to me, "Hey Zane, do you want to come?"

I raise an eyebrow, "To where?"

"Remember that café we visited, we're going there."

"Won't it be weird and awkward though... One guy, three girls?" I ask.

She shakes her head, "Well, it's not just us. Some boys are coming too, I didn't talk to them for long, but they're Jeffory, Travis, and Vylad."

"Vylad?" I question, wondering if I heard correctly, making sure she didn't say Vanessa or someone else.

She nods her head, "Yeah, why?"

I sigh, "He's my brother,"

She smiles, "Then that's great! You have someone else to talk to."

"But my question is, why is he here?" Mom and Dad never said anything about Vylad coming here.

"He transferred here today, he's a sophomore! He was moved up a year by his teachers."

I'm surprised, how did I not run into him?

"Um, I'm not sure if I want to go." I tell Aphmau.

She sighs, "Well Zane, you never really want to go anywhere; when you do go somewhere, you have fun!"

I raise a brow, "And how would you know that? We've only hung out twice."

She smirks, "Well, you seem a little better now. You're more talkative, and you did seem to have fun the other day."

I remember yesterday, how the cake turned out really well. Even if we didn't try the cake, we could both tell it would be delicious if we did have a bite.

I give in, I know there is no way to fight my way out, "Fine, I'll go,"

"Great!" She beams. She grabs my arm and links it to hers, and pulls me along with her. She brings me over to everyone who is going, "Guys, this is Zane!"

Katelyn's arms are folded across her chest, "Ah, you're Garroth's younger brother."

"And my older brother," Vylad adds on, smiling at me, "been a while, big brother."

It's been about a year since we moved. We moved during my freshman year, and Garroth's sophomore year.

"Well, if we want to spend some time at the café, we should go now. Let's stop wasting time," The redhead, Nicole, speaks.

They all agree, so we start walking. Jeffory and Katelyn are walking side by side, laughing with each other. Kawaii~chan, Nicole, Vylad, and Travis are all talking, of course they give a chance for everyone to talk, but it is mainly those two groups. I am left with Aphmau.