{20} Makeup

~Thursday, November 6~

Since our heated argument, we didn't talk for the remainder of Tuesday, along with Wednesday.

We basically avoided each other at all costs.

Her for being angry at me, and me, well, I didn't know how to face her. I was too shocked at her outburst, someone as happy and friendly as her, beginning to yell at her bes-- her friend.

Of course, I plan on apologizing today.

The whole fight is my fault. If only I hadn't acted like an over protective father; this sounds weird since I supposedly love her, and definitely not as a daughter.

Everyone noticed how we were avoiding each other. At first, they tried asking, but we both avoided the subject.

She was mainly hanging out with Katelyn during our little 'break'.

I was hanging out with Travis and Dante for the most part.

Even in home ec today, we both chose different partners.

I went with Max, since Ross didn't come to school today. I immediately rushed to him before anyone else could.

Aphmau went with Laurance.

Now, sitting in math, I feel like I could die of boredom.

Luckily, there's twenty more... dreadful... minutes.

I sigh as I lean back in my chair.

When will I get to apologize?

Hm, I dont know. Maybe when the school day is done and you can finally see her? But who knows, this is just your smarter side speaking.

I really hate my thoughts sometimes. Apparently I can be really sarcastic.

I get caught up in my thoughts, until the bell finally rings.

All right, one more period to go until I can get to see her.

Everyone gets up, and proceeds to their next class.

Last period, history.

Well, I guess it's time to hear more about the wars way back when, and about the divine warriors.

I sigh, lazily lifting myself up from my desk. I grab my belongings, and head off behind everyone else.

~~~~~~~~~~

After history, was of course, time for everyone to head home. Well, unless some people have after school clubs.

I head to my locker, rushing to get my things.

The sooner I apologize to Aphmau, the better.

Well... It's not that soon, isn't it?

Once I finish packing my things, I walk down the halls where other students are passing me.

I walk until I see Aphmau at her locker, alone.

Perfect, now it won't be as awkward.

I walk over to her, and she notices me. Her face goes from annoyed, to upset.

"Hey... Aph--"

"Zane, I--"

We both start, but we realize we said it at the exact same time.

She giggles at our small action, and motions me to go first.

"Aph, I'm sorry for my sudden outburst from two days ago." I say.

She shakes her head. "No, I should be the one apologizing." She says.

I raise a brow, "You? But I was the one who was getting all nosy."

"You weren't nosy, I was just being stupid and 'defending' myself." She says, using air quotations when saying 'defending'.

"But--"

"--But nothing. I just completely ignored the fact that you are my best friend and you really do care for me." She says, not allowing me to speak. "Also, I'm sorry for always ignoring you when Aaron is around. I don't know why... I just feel different around him. Everything else just shuts away from me, and it's just... Him and me. I promise, I won't ignore you anymore." She ends with a smile.

She totally has the hots for him.

Oh shut up, you.

"I understand, Aphmau," I say while looking up, "I actually have the same feeling when I'm around a certain person."

"Really? Who?"

"Well, that I can't say. You'll just have to wait and find out some other day." I say, smiling.

She smiles. "Well, let's get heading home, shall we?" She asks, shutting her locker after taking her bag.

"We shall." I say.

She grabs my arm, and links it with hers. "Let's go on an adventure..." She says with a grin, "time..."

I laugh. "Alright, let's get going, Jake."

"Wait, why am I Jake?"

"It just happens to be that way."

We both laugh as we walk to the direction of our houses, arms linked the entire way.

I'm glad that she can look at me with a smile, rather than a frown.

I guess I really do love her.