{22} Odd Behaviour

~Monday, November 11th~

During the weekend, Aphmau and I barely talked. We texted each other maybe a couple times, but other than that, we didn't have a full blown conversation, nor did we meet up. After my mom's visit, I guess there was just more of an awkward tension between us.

Currently, I'm seated in math class, listening to what the teacher is going on about.

After that, the day goes by slowly. I feel nothing but boredom, until lunch comes around. I grab my lunch from my locker, and turn around. Walking down the hall for a little, I spot Aphmau. Raising my hand to wave it, I say, "Hey Aph--"

I cut myself off when I notice Aaron next to her, them having a conversation. Aphmau has a big smile on her face as she talks to Aaron, while he has his usual cool smile.

Lowering my hand, I slowly approach them. Once I'm a few steps closer, Aaron tells her goodbye, as he heads to wherever he's going. Probably music club.

I walk quicker towards her, and stop right next to her. "Hey Aph,"

She jumps when she hears my voice, and turns to look at me. "O-oh, hey Zane." She says, nervousness in her voice.

"Would you like to go to the cafe today? I'm not in the mood to eat homemade lunch." I tell her.

She shakes her head, "Uh... No, s-sorry. I... don't have money!" 

"I can pay, it's alright."

Aphmau shakes her head, telling me it's fine. "No, no! I-I can't..." She then looks over my shoulder, "H-hey! Look, it's Katelyn! Let's go talk to her... yeah!" Aphmau says, before rushing past me.

I stare at her oddly. Aphmau never acts like that, so her behaviour was really odd just now. Shrugging, I walk into the cafeteria after them. I catch up to them, and we sit at a table consisting of KC, Laurance, Cadenza, Travis, and Nicole. Everyone else is either at a club, or wandering off somewhere.

Instead of sitting next to me, or across from me that Aphmau usually does, she sits all the way down at the other end of the table.

Aphmau seems to be acting weird... And I think everyone else has also noticed by the weird looks they're giving her. She seems less hyperactive, more relaxed and quiet.

Everyone has a conversation as usual anyway, and Aphmau keeps day dreaming, which everyone can tell.

After school, I quickly pack my things, and rush over to Aphmau. "Hey Aph," I say. "Ready to head home?"

"O-oh! Zane, uh... yeah... just wait." she says, grabbing a few more things then throwing her backpack over her shoulders. "Let's go."

We exit the building, saying our goodbyes to our friends that we pass. A few minutes pass, and we both awkwardly walk side by side, in silence.

I look at her from the corner of my eye. "So... Aph, you seem... different today." I choose to be more direct.

She flinches. "What do you mean by d-different?" 

I shrug, "You're less active, more quiet, awkward around... well, everyone. Including me, your best friend."

She looks at me, then shakes her head. "N-no, you must be imagining things." She forces a laugh.

I eye her oddly, shaking her weird behaviour off. "Well... if that's what you say, I guess."

I don't believe her, but if she won't tell me, I won't pry.

~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry that I haven't updated in so long. I have like billions of stories I need to write, so I'm pretty busy with that.

Plus, I'm a freshman in highschool now, so I have to be more focused unfortunately.

That's about it.

Bye-bye~