{19} Their Fight

~Tuesday, November 5th~

It's harder being around Aphmau, now that I've realized.

Though, she hasn't noticed because of Aaron.

My thoughts on Aaron, huh?

Well, he's a cool guy. And he's pretty good looking, he's good at sports, really good at the guitar...

Not that I'm saying I like him! You know who I like... Wait, who am I talking to?

Well, that's besides the point. He can easily win Aphmau's heart. And from the way things have been, I'm pretty sure he has already.

I feel envious that he can hang around Aphmau, and not be antisocial, or all flustered. I wish I could be like him.

He's a cool guy... I'm like a side character in a story.

It's as if there could be a story about the blooming romance of Aphmau and Aaron, possibly written in Aaron's perspective. He'd be such an interesting character, wouldn't he?

He has like, no flaws. He gets all the girls.

Now that I think about it, I guess he wouldn't be such a good character to write about then.

If he has no flaws, he's like a machine, right? Made to be perfect and have no flaws. He'd have no character development, we don't read about how his romance with Aphmau was so weird at the start, then turns into a really descriptive love story.

It would be one of those boring stories where the character is completely Mary Sue. Except, he's a male.

Wow... I didn't realize I would think of stuff such as that.

Now, back to reality.

Lunch.

Wow, this story has so many lunch breaks. Well, only the juicy bits ever really happen here.

I mean--

Garroth is at band practice, Vylad also, Laurance has soccer practice, Katelyn and Jeffory are having a private lunch date, Travis is irritating Lucinda somewhere, Dante and Nicole are also having a private lunch date, KC, a nickname for Kawaii~chan, is stalking her boats or whatever. That really just leaves Aaron, Aphmau, and I.

We're sitting at the lunch table, talking. Most of the talking being done by Aaron and Aphmau. They finally recognize me when they're around each other, but it's just so irritating that she only pays attention to him.

After a couple of minutes, Aaron leaves for a club meetup or something. He just hung around a couple minutes to talk before heading off.

I look at Aphmau, uncomfortably shifting around in my seat. "Um... Hey Aph," I say, gaining her attention, "what do you... think of Aaron?" I ask, hopefully casually.

Her cheeks turn pink. "I-- uh... He's a nice guy..." She says, scratching the side of her head nervously.

The action bothers me.

She likes him.

"Well... Do you in any way have... Maybe feelings for him?" I ask. I quietly face palm, annoyed with the slip of words.

"W-why does it matter to you?" She snaps.

I furrow my eyebrows. "What do you mean by that? I'm your best friend! I care for you. I just wanna know if he'll be... A good guy for you." I raise my voice slightly.

"Well, that's more of a personal question! Maybe I do, maybe I don't! I'll tell you whatever I'm comfortable with." She raises her tone.

Since the room is so loud, no one hears, other than maybe our neighboring tables.

"Well, I don't like how you only ever talk to him! It's always Aaron, Aaron, and Aaron! When he's around, all you ever do is ignore me! I was here for you first, yet you seem to completely ignore my existence when pretty boy is around!" I angrily yell.

Part of me regrets what I said, but part of me is happy that I told the truth.

"What, are you jealous?!"

"Yes! I envy him! He can talk to you so simply, yet I can't! I hate how you always hang out with him and neglect me, your best friend! I don't want you hanging around him anymore!"

"You can't tell me what I can or what I can't do! I control my actions, you don't!"

"Well I'm your best friend and care for the actions you make!"

She jumps up from her seat, an angered expression on her face. "Maybe you're not my best friend, ever think of that? You may think of me as yours, but I may not think of you as mine."

She then walks away. I watch as her black hair bounces behind her, her hands in fists as she walks away furiously.

"Zane... You okay? You both just snapped." I hear Travis' voice. I look to my right, and see him.

"Uh.. Yeah, I'm fine," I say, "but I think she may be hurt because of me." I look down at the table.

I'm such an idiot...
Why would I say all that?
Guess my jealous side just took over...