Chapter 5

Violet's POV

He looked like he wanted to punch himself. I let out a small laugh and say, "Sure, here's my number. Text me your address."

Wait a minute. I sound confident. Shit. Urgh, I'm supposed to be quiet and shy. What is wrong with me?

He raises his eyebrows and nods. I can't wait!

What? Did my brain just say that? Snap out of it, Violet!

I smile just as the bell rings. He grins and my heart skips a beat. Getting up, Joshua leaves with Brady just as I hear a voice behind me.

"Ugly Betty!"

I turn and see a bitch standing behind me.

"Yes, Jasmine?" I ask, putting on a fake smile.

"I want you to switch lab partners. Joshua Parker will be mine and you better get out of my way before I do something I will not regret." she hisses, leaning in so that no one else can hear. "Um... Sorry, Jasmine, but I don't think Mr Smith will allow..." I start to say. "To hell with Mr Smith!" Jasmine raises her voice and unfortunately someone else heard that.

"Excuse me, Ms Evans but Violet is right, I will not tolerate that kind of language in class and no switching lab partners." Mr Smith says and I swear I saw Jasmine jump slightly. "Uh, that's not... not what I meant... Um..." Jasmine tries to cover up but it was too late.

I grinned at Mr Smith gratefully and Jasmine glares at me. "You got lucky, nerd. I will get another chance," Jasmine say, glaring at me more after Mr Smith leaves the classroom.

I roll my eyes and stalk out of class with Jade.

"Bitch! Anyways, I saw you with Joshua Parker!!!!! Omg, you two look so cute together!!!!" Jade fangirls. "Stop it, Jade. I don't like him! All I'm doing is meeting him for the assignment later," I retort, blushing slightly. "Oh my freakin god!!! At his house? VIOLET!!!! Do you know what this means? He likes you!!!" Jade exclaims excitedly. I shake my head, looking down. "Fine, fine, believe what you want, I know what I saw. Plus, he's so damn hot. I'm sure you have at least a tiny crush on him." Jade says, grinning at me. I shake my head more vigorously but she ignores me.

"Hey Vi, why don't you show your confident side more?" she asks all of a sudden, a sad smile forming on her lips, "I miss that side of you."

I sigh and say, "I know, I like that side too but I can't show it. You know I can't."

Silence.

And I heard her whisper to herself, "I know."

All day long, Jasmine keeps glaring at me and Joshua keeps smirking at me. As usual, no one else notices me.

Life's hard. 

A/N

Sorry it's a little short! Exams are coming up again... Sigh...

Anyways, comment and thank you!