Chapter 10

Joshua's POV

It's Chemistry class now. I sit beside Violet and start chatting with her. "So you wrote down the research for our assignment right?" I ask, looking at her computer. "Yeah, I did. I'm still working on the presentation though. I mean, we're not presenting it but we have to put up a board with research and our results and observations when we hand in our assignment," Violet says, resting her head against her arms.

"Joshua? Can I talk to you?" a distinctly annoying voice asks.

Oh great, Jasmine Evans.

"Yes? If it's anything to do with dating me, I strongly advise against it," I retort, rolling my eyes at her.

"Hahahahaha silly, no. But could I talk to you IN PRIVATE PLEASE?" Jasmine says sweetly to me, forcing her fake smile towards Violet. I silently plead her not to leave with my eyes but Violet smirks and goes over to Jade's table.

How dare Violet leave me here with a bitch.

"Joshua, baby, don't you know what she's doing? She's manipulating you to her advantage," Jasmine protests. I shake my head and say, "How would you know? You're the one who's manipulating other people. Violet's a nice person at heart."

"But Joshua..." Jasmine whines, placing her hand seductively on my chest. I swat away her hand and hiss, "Go away." She pouts and I glare at her. Leaving herself no choice, she stalks away with a sway of her hips. I roll my eyes. 

God, I hate girls like this. Violet is completely opposite of Jasmine.

Wait. I used to date girls like Jasmine from every school I got kicked out of. What is happening to me?

Violet's POV

I smirk at Joshua and he glares at me, obviously angry that I left him with Jasmine. I laugh and tell Jade, who looks at him and giggles.

Joshua looks so uncomfortable that I can't help but laugh even more. Jasmine places her hand on his chest and I feel my heart dropping. "Stop letting him distract you," I mutter under my breath. Unfortunately, Jade heard me and asks me curiously, "Stop letting who distract you?" I glare at her and she shuts up, the corners of her mouth twisting upwards into a smirk.

"So, how's working with Brady for the assignment?" I ask. "We're okay, I mean he's nice and all but he really doesn't know what's happening," Jade says, sighing, "But I just hate it that Noah's partner is Evans."

I give her a look that says "I know right?" just as Mr Smith walks in. I walk back to Joshua and smile at him innocently when he glares at me.
"Thanks for leaving me there, Violet," he whispers angrily. I act as if I'm completely innocent and say, "You're welcome Joshua. I know you enjoyed talking to Jasmine." He gives me an exaggerated angry frown and I laugh and shake my head at him.

"Today, I have an exciting piece of news for everyone," Mr Smith starts, and everyone looks up in anticipation. "Pop quiz everyone! I need to know your standards at the start of the year," he continues and smiles when the whole class groans.

Joshua looks at me, wide-eyed. I smirk and stare at the paper in front of me. "And begin!" Mr Smith says.

After 20 minutes, I finish the paper and smile confidently to myself. I know all the answers to the paper. I glance around me and see Joshua focusing on the paper but I could tell he can't answer everything. And he is sweating while biting the end of his pencil nervously. Aw, he looks so cute.

What. The. Hell. Did I really...?

Okay, I really need to accept the fact that I have a crush.

"Stop writing!" Mr Smith orders. I hand in my paper to him when Joshua says, "I am going to fail this." "Really? I thought it was quite easy," I say, raising both my eyebrows at him. He squints at me and slowly says, "You. Smart. Me. Not. I. Don't. Ace. Quizzes." Did he just compliment me? I feel my cheeks turn red and look down as Mr Smith starts talking.