Chapter 15

A/N

A longer chapter for you guys :)

Joshua's POV

I stare at Violet dragging Jade out of Brady's house.

I think she was hurt that I told her I didn't mean what I said. What I really want to shout to her now is "I meant it with all my heart." But I'm quite sure that it I confess that, our friendship will be ruined.

"Hey dude, where'd the girls go?" Brady walks out, stretching.

"They went home," I say, letting out a sigh.

"Oh why?" he asks, getting on my nerves.

"I don't know. Stop asking me!" I raise my voice.

"Dude, chill..." he says, patting me on the back. "Sorry, it's just..." I try to explain but I sigh and go back to his room.

"Where's Jade?" Noah asks worriedly. "Don't worry, she went with Violet to her house," I say, lying on Brady's bed.

"Guys, I think I have a crush," I decide to admit to them. "Oh who?" Lucas asks, while Noah stretches.

"Violet."

I wait for their response and it surprises me. "Oh dude, we knew," Noah says, grinning at me. "What! You knew? How?" I ask, shocked. "Have you seen the way you look at Violet? It's like you really want to protect her with your life," Brady suddenly comes in and say. I notice that Lucas is really quiet and I look at him. He scratches the back of his neck uncomfortably and says, "Yeah... We knew you have a crush on Violet. Even Jade knows."

"What? How did she know?" I question.

Noah raises his hand, looking ashamed and say, "Guilty." I shake my head and laugh.

"So what bad thing did you do since you finally realise that you like Violet?" Brady asks, crossing his arms expectantly.

"I screwed up big time. Last night I told her I liked her but this morning I told her I didn't mean it at all and I'm pretty sure she's hurt," I answer, looking down.

"Dude, you really screwed up," Brady says and I glare at him. "I only did it to protect our friendship," I explain.

"Then you gotta tell her that if not she'll be hurt so bad she won't even talk to you anymore," Noah says, raising his eyebrow at me.

"Since when do you know how girls react to what guys say?" Brady asks him, confused.

"You'll know when you date one," Noah laughs.

I'm gonna fix this.

Jade's POV

I'm going to kill that asshole.

I storm up to Joshua in school. I slam his locker door and hiss, "Joshua Parker. You hurt my best friend and I will personally take care of you unless you apologise to her." 

He looks ashamed and he says, "I know I told her I didn't like her but I actually really do and I only told her that so I won't ruin our friendship."

Maybe Joshua Parker is still a decent person.

Surprised, I say, "Oh, then, you better tell her that yourself! She's really upset, you know." 

Joshua sighs.

"After you hurt a girl you can't just explain yourself to her best friend! You gotta tell her yourself, if not she'll never forgive you," I say, giving him an encouraging smile. He nods and sighs.

"Even though I still don't trust that you'll never hurt her again, I really ship you guys so don't screw this chance up!" I warn, stalking away.

I spot Violet and I run up to her. "I talked to Joshua..." I start. 

She glares at me and say, "Don't say his name." 

I roll my eyes and say, "Not saying his name will not make it better for you, Vi."

She cocks her head to one side and ask, "This is the part where you're supposed to make me feel better but you, my friend, are making things worse."

I turn away, putting my hands up in surrender and say, "O-kay..."

Joshua's POV

I have decided that I should go to Violet's house to apologise.

Apparently, Jade gave me Violet's address and here I am, on her front porch after school with a box of chocolates in my hand. 

I look down at the chocolates and sigh. Jade told me that Violet loves dark chocolates, just like me.

That's not the point.

I take in a final deep breath and press the doorbell.

"Yes, who is it?" an unfamiliar voice says, opening the door. A middle-aged lady looks me up and down and I smile awkwardly at her.

"Um, I'm here to talk to Violet...?" I ask, holding up the box of chocolates. 

"Oh where are my manners? Come in, come in!" the lady says, opening the door for me.

I walk into her living room and the lady says, "I'm Violet's mom, if you couldn't tell.  So, are you Violet's friend?"

"Uh yeah I am, I think," I ask, trying to look that awkward.

"Oh wow. I didn't know Violet had other friends other than Jade," Violet's mom says, more to herself than to me.

Now I'm curious.

"Violet hasn't had any friend other than Jade? Why?" I ask curiously. 

"Well, Violet has had a bad past and she hasn't made a friend other than Jade." Violet's mom says sadly.

"Why? What happened?" I blurt out.

"Um we don't really talk about it," she frowns. I apologise and stand around awkwardly.

"Not to sound rude but where is Violet?" I ask politely. 

"Oh right, sorry about that. She's upstairs but go easy on her, something happened when she came back on Saturday," Violet's mom points upstairs.

Yup, that was me.

I nod, thanking her. As I go up the stairs, I hear Violet's mom whisper, "He sure is special." I smile to myself but don't stop to ask her about it.

I take in another deep breath and knock on Violet's door.

"Who is it?" I hear her sweet voice ask hoarsely.

"It's um Joshua," I reply, waiting in anticipation.

There was a moment of silence before I heard her mumble something like, "Go away."

"Look! I'm sorry okay? Please open the door! Just for a minute!" I plead, knocking on her door again.

Another moment of silence.

Then I hear the doorknob click and I grin. One more step closer to earning her forgiveness. 

She opens the door slightly, peeking her head out only and glares at me.

"Okay, I opened the door. Now go away." she says, hurt in her eyes.

I hold up the box of chocolates and start apologising. 

"First of all, I'm really sorry about last Friday. I didn't mean that I didn't like you. I meant that I like you as a friend. I mean, what's not to like about you? Back to my point, I didn't want to ruin our friendship and I'm really sorry. Please forgive me," I say, offering the box of chocolates to her.

She looks at the chocolates and asks, "Who told you my address?"

"Jade." I answer, smiling, "So am I forgiven?"