Chapter 9

Joshua's POV

"Hey Violet! Jade! Come sit with us!" I offer. Brady and Lucas stare at me like I'm crazy. "Why did you offer them to sit with us?" Brady whispers as Violet and Jade hesitantly walk over to our table to sit with us during lunch. "I'm more than happy with them here," Noah says, wiggling his eyebrows. "Shut up, dude. You're only imagining Jade's ass in your head," I roll my eyes.

Turning to Brady and Lucas, I begin to say, "What? Violet's my friend and Jade's Noah's girlfriend so its 2 against 2. If you guys have a problem..."

"Oh dude, no I don't have a problem. Just asking. Hey isn't that your lab partner? OH! THAT'S VIOLET!" Brady's eyes widen in realisation.

I face-palm myself as Lucas laughed.

"Are you sure your friends are okay with us sitting here?" Violet questions me quietly. "Yeah sure they're fine, right guys?" I ask Brady and Lucas, daring them to go against me. "Yeah, we're cool," they echo. I smirk and give Violet a "I told you so" look. She rolls her eyes and laugh.

"Hi Violet, I'm Lucas. We have English together, I think. Actually I'm not sure, since I never actually saw you before," Lucas introduces himself to Violet, looking a bit confused. "And I'm Brady," Brady says, smiling at Violet.

At least they're friendly to Violet. But why do I want them to be friends with Violet?

"Ugh guys, get a room!" Violet complains and I snap out of my thoughts. Brady, Lucas and I turn to see Noah and Jade making out right beside us. We laugh and I'm really glad that Violet and the guys are hitting it off quite well.
To be honest, I thought Violet was a quiet and shy nerd. At least that's what she tries to make people think when she talks to them. But actually, she's cute, funny and really really cool.

Violet's POV

At first, I was really really reluctant to sit with Joshua and his friends. But they're really nice and it's good to have more than one friend, who's Jade. School seems to be getting less lonely ever since Joshua showed up. New friends, new lab partner.

And new crush.

I sigh internally. I haven't been thinking about my crush on Joshua since I had found out about it. All I want to do is try not to ruin my friendship with Joshua with this irrelevant crush of mine. I'm content with friendship.

Anyways, friends is the best way to start right?

Right.

All through lunch, we talked and laughed as if we've been friends since young. Brady is really cool and nice although he's quite forgetful and confused about a lot of things. Lucas is sweet and even though he's really smart, he doesn't show it much.

"Bye guys! See you after school!" I say.

"Oh wait, I forgot one more thing. Do you girls wanna come to my house Friday night? At first I only invited Noah, Lucas and Joshua but you girls can come if you want!" Brady offers kindly.

I smile broadly and nod excitedly. I've never been invited anywhere except Jade's house and well, that one time I went to Joshua's house.

Jade grins and whispers, "See Vi? Because of you, now I've made friends with Noah's friends and Joshua definitely likes you! We even get invited to Brady's house!" I laugh and hug her before going off to class.