Chapter 2

"This is one of the dumbest ideas you've ever have," Blair said to herself. She had pulled back her hair into tight bun and taped down her chest. She looked more "manly" but it wasn't enough, the shape of her face ands eyes just screamed girl!

Blair bit her lip, if anyone could help it was Madam Nova. She fixed her hair, removed the tape, and went outside. She walked along the street until she came to a small, ratty shack.

"Madam Nova?"

"Blair, I've been expecting you."

That's what scared Blair most about Madam Nova, how she always knew everything.

Blair cleared her throat, "I need a potion to-"

"Yes, yes I know. Let's see here, some slime and snails. A few puppy dog tails."

"What?!"

"I'm only joking sweetie, no need to be alarmed." The old woman stirred together so many things that looked other worldly Blair did her best to ignore it.

The woman finished mixing the concoction and poored it into a small bottle. "Listen well Blair, one small drop a day on your face. It will give you a more masculine look."

"Thank you Madam Nova."

Madam Nova smiled, "No, my dear, thank you."

Blair left the building and walked along the streets, very deep in thought.

I can't belive I'm doing this. Joining the King's army is a dream come true, but if I get caught......

Blair's thought was distributed by a fimilar voice.

"Blair!"

"Oh, hi Pix."

The young girl stared at her best friend.

"What's wrong?"

"Pixie I'm fin-"

"Don't you dare say 'fine' Blair. I can tell something is wrong. Tell me."

"Fine. Just not here."

Blair and Pixie walked to Blair's house. The second the door was shut Blair let it out.

"I'm dressing up as a man to join the King's army."

Blair could tell that Pixie was going to laugh at her, cry, or start yelling.

"ARE YOU INSANE!?"

Blair almost flinched, Pixie yelling was not an enjoyable thing.

"YOU WILL GET YOURSELF KILLED, BLAIR! I DON'T WANT YOU TO DIE!"

"Pix, please listen-"

"NO YOU LISTEN! IT IS ANGINST THE LAW FOR A WOMAN TO BE IN THE ARMY! IF YOU GET CAUGHT-"

"I'll be executed, I know."

Pixie's blue eyes started to fill with tears.

"Pixie....."

The young teen wrapped her arms around Blair's middle.

"I don't want my best friend to die."

Blair was not usually the biggest fan of hugs, she actually hated them, but she made an expection for her crying best friend."

"Pix, I have to do this. I will never to be able to sleep soundly at night knowing that a little boy, younger than you, is fighting in a war. I can take his place, Pixie. I could help him, please let me do this."

Pixie wiped the tears from her eyes.

"Will you write to me whenever you can?"

"I promise."

"Will you die?"

"I'll try not too."

The glare that Pixie gave Blair was probably enough to stop the war.

"Okay, okay! I promise!"

"Okay. It's getting late, my parents must be wondering where I went."

"Bye Pixie."

"Bye Blair." Pixie smiled. "Kick some ass for me."

"Will do Pixie."

Pixie began to jog back to her house as Blair looked over the things she had collected. Early in the next morning Blair Blake would dispear and a new man would take her place.