A World's End

It was three days after the attack of the kingdom. My squadron were in poor conditions and were weak physically and emotionally we lost our home and family, but I tried to be like my father and kept their spirits up by humming our kingdoms song that my Father loved.

" We know what you are trying to do, sir, but there is no use for cheering us up for we are just a burden too you" said Xenith, I felt the lost of my father's will but only felt a little inside me.

" Your father was and forever will be our king and hero, but I think Hero's must become legends someday" Xenith said as his voice grew weaker by the minute.

"Pipe down, the General lost his Father and King for stars sakes and our home!", Eli said in frustration.

" Stand down Eli. Look, I know we are tired and weak but we should not give up hope". Xenith exclaimed

"Ha ! Not give up hope !? Look around! Everything is gone, our home , our land , our people, our world, all gone! And you tell us to not lose hope?!" , his wings spread and plucked out his feather to summon his sword.

"What are you doing!? Have you gone mad!?"

Eli spreaded his wings to use his feathers to summon his knife and shield. Both of them in a stand off as I try to convince them not to fight. Xenith ran towards me, I readied my wings. He swung his sword towards me only to hit Eli 's shield. I went for his sword but he was quick with it and took a swing towards me, I felt a warm liquid going down my arm. Eli came to the rescue and started fighting Xenith. They were brothers in arms, ever since the day they were assigned to me we were like brothers, and my father saw that. I started having flashbacks of our mission s together and the times at the bar.

A scream took me out of my daze of flashbacks from our missions. My heart sank as I saw Xenith's sword go through Eli 's body. Eli 's tears ran down his face as he took his knife and stabbed Xenith in the back , reaching his heart.

"I'm sorry brother...." Xenith said

" I forgive you".

They both fell down to the ground looking towards me. It is sad to see brothers turning against brothers , it proves we archangel s can go insane if pushed to a certain amount of stress or pain. I took both their feathers and stuck them with mine. I continue my journey to my father's portal.