Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The cool wind swept through my fiery red hair as I walked through the vibrant green forest with sunlight sinking through the leaves. The cool soft moss I walk upon feels reliving under my bare feet. The pink and blue wildflowers of the forest give it a sweet lavender smell. As I walk upon the moss-covered path, I pick the wildflowers to make a crown for myself.

"Now," I say," do I twist left right left or right left right. Maybe it doesn't even matter I guess I'll just use right left right."

As I twist each pink flower, right and each blue flower left, my crown was coming along nicely. The flowers were so beautiful. I thought about how everyone calls me beautiful some say it's my red hair others say it's my blue eyes, many just think it's my oval shaped face with my fair skin. I don't believe any of these. I think that I am just plain. I then hear the breaking of a stick.

"Who's there?" I call out.

No answer I call again,

"Who's there?"

I become frightened for I hear the noise of more breaking sticks and they are getting louder and closer. I decide to run as fast and as long as my legs could carry me. I decide on this as quickly as I thought of it. I get up and start running so hard and so fast my heart feels like it is going to come out of my chest.

I was tearing the moss up with my feet the wind hit my face and blurred my vision. I then trip on a tree root and fall into a raspberry bush. I was in such a daze it seemed as if the Earth was spinning and tilting in all directions. Half an hour or so went by and it wore off and the sun began to set.

"At least I can stand again that whole thing would have been so much easier if I had wings too bad I can't get them until I'm thirteen which would be tomorrow." I say with a loud sigh. That seemed to startle the rabbit that was chasing me.

"Oh no," I say in disgust. "I have raspberries twigs and leaves in my hair and my beautiful dress. I need to sit down."

I find an old birch with moss growing all over it. It was in the perfect spot to watch the sun set. The setting sun gave the tree more color like an orange glow. Behind the birch was a field and a house. My attention was then drawn to the house across the field. It had a family siting on it. I had never seen a real human family before.

"Honeysuckle!" my father's voice booms.

At least the humans could not hear fairies voices because of a magic spell called the Deaf Spell. It's an ancient spell that makes fairies voices inaudible to the human world.

"Yes Father.'' I called back in my sweetest voice knowing all too well of what was coming.

As my father lands in front of me his giant silver pointed wings fold neatly he brushes off his blue satin cloak, ivy silk pants, and lavender shaded silk shirt. He places his embellished crown on a nearby branch and then strokes his gray red beard and I think why did I have to be the King's only child.

My Father was the second to last descendent of the original royal family the last being me. He is the King of all the fairies of North America. There is another King and Queen in Europe being Queen Titania and King Oberon. They are the rulers of all the fairies in the world. That makes my father Puck their son, and me their only grandchild.

It's a hard life for me the rules of the Fae are much different than that of the human world. We have to talk only to fairies speak only of fairies think of only fairies. Listen to classical fairy music, read only fairy. We are allowed to read A Midsummer's Night Dream by William Shakespeare though. I must have read that a million times. He finally said.

"Honeysuckle, my dear why did you disobey me and come here again?" In his sweetest sarcastic voice.

"Why Father I have never been here before." I say in my sweetest sarcastic voice.

"Ahh yes but you went into the forest again when I specifically told you not too." He replies in his normal voice.

"Yes, but"

"No buts come along Honeysuckle."

"Yes Father."

I walked to my Father, but I looked back at the house with the family. I noticed the family was gone I assumed they went inside, but there was human left. I realized it was a boy about my age. That's when I wished harder than I ever wished before that at some time I would talk to him. There was only one problem. I had to break the spell.

Hi thanks for reading ch 1 of wfwf it mean alot to me :) Please feel free to comment I promise ill respond