Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The pain grew worse it felt as if a thousand needles were stabbing my back repeatedly. I began screaming I couldn't take it anymore. I heard Oak scream,

"Can't you do anything?"

Now I felt as if I was going to die the pain was so bad. I then felt two things burst out of my back. The pain was over and I was in relief. I heard my mother say,

"Oh they are gorgeous just look at them honey."

"What?" I say.

"Honeysuckle you probably haven't notice but you have two giant wings sticking out of your back," Oak said.

"I have wings," I say in amazement.

"Yes and they are beautiful, "my mother says.

I turn around quickly to see my wings. They were beautiful. They were bright silver with points at the bottom and curls on the top. I decided to try to use them I started flapping. My father then says,

"Oh you're not going to fly yet without the..."

I flew up to the tallest tree branch and declared,

"I think I can do without the lessons thank you very much."

Oak then unfolded his wings which were the exact same as mine and flew up to the tree branch.

"Well my dear you look very lovely with those wings. " He said fluttering his eyes.

"I thought I told you not to call me pet names," I said teasingly.

"Well we have to get used to it sometime right?"

"I guess."

"Now shall we join the party?"

He then grabbed my hand. I did not flinch or try to remove it from his grasp.

"Yes we shall

As we descended, everyone started oohing and awning at us, we didn't know why. Both our mothers burst into tears when we walked up to them.

"What is it did we do something wrong?" Oak asked.

"No," replied Oak's father," You did something though."

"What is it?" I ask getting discouraged.

"Your wings," my mother says drying her tears," they are exactly the same."

"So." Oak and I say in unison.

"Only fairies that are soul mates have the same wings," my father says obviously delighted.

"W-w-what?" is all Oak could muster up.

"Your soul mates!" Oak's mother squealed I can't believe that my son's soul mate is a princess."

"We can't be soul mates." I say.

"Why not?" my father asks.

"Because."

"Honeysuckle I'm sorry to tell you this but you true soul mate is Oak not anyone else."

By now, the crowd was diminishing seeing that this was a personal matter.

"But Father why can't I choose who I want to love and marry."

"Because you were born into a fairy world not a human world we may live within in human world but as long as you are in this forest you are a fairy."

"Well maybe I don't want to be a fairy!"

"How dare you."

"No father how dare you telling me who to love and marry telling me to follow everything you say well father I'm not you little girl anymore."

"Well you're not my daughter anymore!"

"Puck no!" my mother screams.

I could not believe what my father just said. I open my wings and fly off to the forest not caring if I ever come back. As I do this, I hear my father's voice screaming for me.