Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I rush over to Oak. I kneel down next to him and lightly shake him.

"Oak Oak are you okay Oak."

Oak turns over slightly still groaning. I manage to turn his body, so I can see is face. It is badly bruised with blood dripping from his head. I place his head in my lap soon I can feel his blood dripping through my dress and onto my knees. I began to cry.

"Oak please Oak tell me you'll be okay please."

Oak does nothing he does not move or even groan. I am hysterically crying now I do not know what to do. I wish I knew a healing spell at this moment. My teardrops are falling on Oak's face now they do not seem to be helping stop the blood. It just keeps coming I rip off a piece of my dress and wrap it around his head hoping that it will stop the bleeding. I try to think of what my parent's would do in a time like this.

I know what my Father would say,

"Honeysuckle save his life if you want to dishonor they Fae then let him die, but if you feel anything for the Fae or this boy then stop crying and stop the bleeding!"

I stop crying and try to focus I see a nearby tree if I can prop him up maybe the bleeding will stop. I stand up and I go behind Oak I put my arms under his and drag him to the nearest tree. I rip off some of my skirt so his head want rub up against the hard bark. I go searching for some sticks and twigs to start a fire. I run around the forest trying to find the biggest twigs and sticks. I manage to find a descent amount and bring it back where Oak is.

I place the sticks and twigs strategically so they will create the best flame. I begin to rub two together just like my parents taught me. I get a spark and rip off my other sleeve of my dress to help make the flame grow. It does and soon I have a medium sized fire.. I look over at Oak. The blood is now dripping on his shirt, and he is looking pale.

I slowly crawl over to him. I take off the piece of my dress it did nothing. I try to hold back my tears, but I can't. I sit next to and place my head on his shoulder. I think about why he left. He left to leave me alone I did not want to be left alone though. He was my only friend I did not want him to die.

"I am so sorry Oak. Please forgive me please. Please be alright tell me you'll be alright." I am crying so much now I cannot breathe.

"Oh please Oak tell me you'll be okay."

I hear a few steps coming near.

"Who's there."

Out of the shadows comes David he has food and a white box with a red cross on it. He walks over to me and puts his hand on mine.

"I couldn't sleep so I came outside a I went into the woods and I saw you rushing about. Then I saw him here he didn't look well so I ran back inside and grabbed the first aid kit."

I hug David and whisper in his ear,

"Thank you so much."

He looks back at me and says

"You're welcome now I think I should take a look at him he doesn't look too well."

He pulls Oak towards him and looks at his head. His once beautiful brown hair is now caked with dried blood.

"Could you open that and give me the gloves, the small white packets, and some tweezers please."

I open the box and find the gloves and white packets but I do not know what tweezers are. David must have seen me having a hard time because he pointed them out.

"Now hand me the gloves."

I hand him the gloves which he puts on.

"Now the white packets."

I hand them to him he opens them and there are little wet napkins inside he places them on Oak's head which seem to get most of the dried blood off.

"Tweezers please."

I hand him the tweezers and he picks off the caked blood surrounding his wound.

"Now hand me those white packets, those bandages and that tape," he points to each one.

I hand him the packets which he opens and squirts a thick substance on Oak's wound. I then hand him the bandages expecting his next move. He places the bandages on Oak's head and asks for the tape. He rips off a section and places the tape on top of the bandage.

He slowly pushes Oak back up against the tree. I breathe a sigh of relief and so does he.

"How do you know so much about saving fairies lives?"

He gives a slight chuckle and says, "My Father is a doctor and he treats people not fairies."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

He goes by the fire and rubs his hands together. I go and sit next to him. He smiles at me and then looks at my tattered dress.

"Why is your dress ripped?"

"I ripped off pieces so I could stop the bleeding they didn't help though."

"That's alright."

There was an awkward silence before it was interrupted by a groan from Oak.

We both look behind us and see Oak was waking up.

"Oak," I whisper.

I crawl over to him and squeeze his hand gently.

"Oak," I say again.

"Honeysuckle."

His head then drops and his grip from my hand loosens.

Cliffhanger!!!! please vote and comment. :)