Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I fly as fast I can through the forest trying to dodge the tree branches, but I am not experienced enough and I hit one and get knocked out from the impact. I wake up dazed and confused wondering where I was. It was the dead of night and I could barely see anything. Then I hear

"Honeysuckle."

"Who is it" I call out.

"It's me Oak. Stay where you are I'm coming."

I hear Oak get closer to me but instead of staying put, I run up to him and hug him. I begin balling my eyes out of what happened.

"It's okay Honey it's okay."

"Why didn't anyone come looking for me why?"

"I don't know I just came out because I was worried about you I didn't know if you left."

"I hit a tree branch and fell I got knocked out too."

"Oh, are you ok now?"

"Yeah, I guess so, do my wings look alright."

"I can't really tell, but they look alright."

"Thanks, is my father upset?"

Oak then turns away.

"Oak please?"

"He said he didn't care about what you thought anymore since you disgraced the way of the Fae."

"What about my mom?'

"She's hysterical she was crying when you left and was crying when I left which was an hour ago."

"Do you think I should go back?"

"Yeah, I can't stand seeing your mom cry."

"Why she isn't your mom?"

"Well, she will be in two weeks."

"What?"

"After you left your Dad said that he didn't care about what you thought anymore, well he also said that no matter what he loved you, but you would have no say in anything until you were an adult. So, he said that too make sure you wouldn't run off that you were to stay in your house for two weeks until the wedding."

"What did you say?"

"I was too shocked to say anything and as I was going out the door to tell you my mother said not to come back until I found you."

"Oh, well I'm sorry but I can't."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm going to leave this place."

"Honey don't be ridiculous you are not going to run away "

"Well what choice do I have I don't want to be married when I'm thirteen."

"So it can't be that of a big deal I mean our parents were thirteen when they married."

I was shocked I couldn't believe my best friend was actually considering this."

"I can't believe what you saying right now."

"Well Honeysuckle if you're not going to marry me then who are you going to marry you can't marry none fairies you know that and your parents won't allow you to marry anyone else but me okay."

"No I actually don't know why we can't marry none humans Oak."

"Because Honeysuckle if you do you know what happens they die."

"What?"

' "That's right when a fairy marries all their powers join with their partners and if their partner doesn't have powers they die because they can't handle it."

I burst out crying and fall to the ground in defeat.

"Honey I I'm sorry."

"Go away!"

"What?"

"Go away I never want to see you again!"

"You don't mean that."

"Yes I do and I'm going to leave this forest alright I don't care!"

I see that Oak is now pinching his face he only does this when he's' angry.

"Calm down alright I'm tired of you overreacting like this. Stop crying take a deep breath and think about what you're going to do next."

I do what Oak tells me I calm down and think about what I would have done. He is right where would I go where would I live how would I survive. Oak was always right.

"Feel better now?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry I overreacted "

"It's okay I'm used to it."

"What am I going to do though?"

"How about we get some sleep okay the ground is soft and warm enough we can sleep here."

Oak and I lay down on the moss. It was soft and warm but I was still cold.

"Oak?"

"What?"

"I'm still cold."

"Do you want my cloak?"

"Yes please."

We both sat up and Oak took off his cloak and gave it to me.

While doing this he grabbed my hand and said,

"Honey, I'm sorry the way I acted you know why your father won't allow you to marry anyone else."

"Yes, I do there's no one my age everybody's either too young or too old."

"Yeah and I just I just.....never mind."

I didn't want to anger him by asking what he meant so I just lay down and go to sleep.

Thanks for reading please comment and vote :)